Exhaust piping size??

Bake82

I'm finally going into get my exhaust done with duals and well I need to know what size of piping. I am thinking 2.25, but if what, if any, would the advantages be of 2.5? It's the 2.8V6 in my car. I don't see 2.5 helping me out any. Anyways just checking to see what you guys think. Thanks in advance!

I would say stick with 2.25". That was the stock size on my 3.1L and I kept it like that when I did my exhaust. I would think anything bigger will show a loss in low end torque, because you wont enough exhaust gas velocity

Robby

Yeah, the 2.25. that's what I put on mine. I went to one muffler shop asking for 2.5" and he said it wouldn't fit. He was an idiot because he was talking about routing it through the suspension like stock. I went to another shop and they only had 2.25". I turned out to be the right way to go.

Remember to tell them to route in under the suspension. If they question that, tell them to bend you a "94" GP dual exhaust. They'll pull a card for the bender. Our older cars have the brackets under the spring to attatch pipe hangers too. Then on the driverside they can bolt up to one of several holes in back of the bumper. They missed the bend on my driverside pipe and decided to use one hanger in the center by removing my center jackstand. It actually looks cleaner that way. Check my web site. One pic shows it somewhat. I have other pics that aren't up.