MN Vehicle Inspection/Clear Title

supreme_style21

Does anyone know how I can get a vehicle inspected in the state of Minnesota and have a new, clear title issued? Or if this is even possible? I've heard of it done in other states, but MN can be quite a dick about things...

To get a title issued you will have to have a title from the previously titled state, or you will have to fill out a request for a duplicate/lost title. Now as far as you saying clear title, I'm assuming no liens. Any outstanding liens will have to be paid off before a clear tile can be issued. Your not alone, My brother lives in St. Paul going through the same thing! :) :) :)

Yeah we're trying to clear the title of my roommate's '97 GP GT. He bought it with a salvage title a few years ago and now he wants to sell it. Obviously because of the title, he isn't gonna get what he wants for it, so we figured there would be a way to clear the title and get what the car is worth. And yeah, it has a lien on it, so that idea pretty much goes down the toilet.

that's extremely deceptive, which is why states issue salvage/rebuilt titles in the first place. so some innocent party doesnt get effed buying a rebuilt car(which may not be as safe or reliable as one that was never wrecked). if i were you i'd kick the roomie in the ass before i helped him deceive someone

That's kinda what I was thinking. He just got in a little fender bender, and he wanted to bend some kinks outta the hood and use some paint on the bumper and hide the damage underneath all that and sell it to an unsuspecting party.. Hell no..