Blazertech 2600 (got them, and have questions)

nebojsa_o

I just bought some Blazertech 2600s, and in the box with them came a lot of wires, and a 15A fuse, and a switch.

1.) I'm wondering if the factory wires are good enough to do the job, or do I have to use the ones I got with them??

2.) The fuse for FOG LAMPS on my car is 10A, and I got a 15A fuse with the lights, what do I do about that??

3.) I did the search, and found some info, but all I really got from it is that it's OK to just cut the wires off of the factory ones, and just hook these up in there... I saw some links to other threads that talk about this, but when I click on them, they are broken/missing, so that didn't help too much...

4.) Like said in #3 the links were broken to some ideas about mounting them. Anyone have any links I could use, or some ideas, let me know please..

Let me know anything I'll have to do to get these things working. Thanks for the help :cheers:

I just bought some Blazertech 2600s, and in the box with them came a lot of wires, and a 15A fuse, and a switch.

1.) I'm wondering if the factory wires are good enough to do the job, or do I have to use the ones I got with them??

2.) The fuse for FOG LAMPS on my car is 10A, and I got a 15A fuse with the lights, what do I do about that??

3.) I did the search, and found some info, but all I really got from it is that it's OK to just cut the wires off of the factory ones, and just hook these up in there... I saw some links to other threads that talk about this, but when I click on them, they are broken/missing, so that didn't help too much...

4.) Like said in #3 the links were broken to some ideas about mounting them. Anyone have any links I could use, or some ideas, let me know please..

Let me know anything I'll have to do to get these things working. Thanks for the help :cheers:

I installed with the wiring that came with them but eventually switched it over to the stock wiring so i could use the stock switch. I recommend wiring them to the existing fog light wiring, 10A fuse should be fine. Mount to bumper infront of the existing mounts. or drill new holes if you want to mount to something more solid than the bumper.

Wow I was starting to think no body likes me :lol:

Thanks for the response, and I think that's what I'm gonna go with. Stock wiring, but I'll see about mounting them when I get under there... I'll probably have them on by this weekend, I got somewhat of a unexpected schedule for the week, so we'll see how that goes. Thanks again, and if anyone else has anything to add, please do. :thumb: :cheers:

I put them on my Cutlass and used the stock mounting hardware, just had to bang the metal straight in a couple of areas and drill a couple of extra holes. Spliced them right into my stock foglight wiring and I was good to go. Have had zero problems since, except for otheoncoming drivers flashing me once in a while because of their brightness. I love 'em. Can't make up my mind what's brighter, the Blazer 2600s or my high beams.

I may even have a couple pics laying around at home, I'll check when I get home from work or tomorrow AM when I get up if I have a chance.