Quad Seats..

tdaye

The quad seats in the GTPs look the same as in the Cutlass, does anyone know for sure if they are? I saw a NICE set in a GTP at the wreckers around me and wouldn't mind picking them up to replace my Cutlass ones!

The only real difference between GP AQ9's and Cutlass AQ9's is the fact that the GP leg supports are individually controlled, and the Cutlass ones both move at the same time. I'm guessing you could splice the wires in a manner that makes the GP seat inflate both leg bolsters at the same time, and keep the Cutlass seat controls.

You could always try and find a set of AQ9's out of a 92 + Cutty. Im not too sure what year they went up to, but IMO the 92+ cutty seats look way nicer than the GP or older cutlass seats. I'll take a pic of mine and post it up later.

thanks. i was going to get all my seats recovered in 2 colours because my drivers seat in in rough shape, but now the air bags inside them are going too as well as some other plastic parts inside them are breaking. i'm sure it would be alot cheaper for me to just find another set in good shape. I got this set from a junk yard 2 years ago for my Cutlass SL and then put them in this car when I got it, but I also have another set of AQ9's in my shed that were the originals for this car...but they aren't leather.They want $275ea to revover the fronts and $175ea for the rears (canadian) I only paid the junkyard $75ea for them but there isn't many of these cars around here, scrap or not!