Primary cooling fan died

GOT2B GM

Well....a couple nights ago idling after a long drive on the highway, I noticed the temp gauge up at like 220 rather than the 160 it never passes. Turns out my primary cooling fan wasn't turning on. I paperclipped the ALDL and it was getting power but not turning on, so I pulled it out today and ghetto tiewrapped a fan out of my parts Z34 in for now so I can still drive it.

My question is, what is the GM part number for the TGP primary fan motor?, and I heard that the old blade won't fit on the new motor, so what vehicle should I get the blade from?

Thanks

was it rubbing on the a/c compressor line like mine was? I got a high powered Rapidcool fan that has more clearance and an extra fin and more flow. I had to get mounts welded on the rad though.

I'd prefer to have an OEM style replacement if possible. The original TGP fan wasn't rubbing on anything.

GM part number for the motor is: 22134444, price about $123 retail, $75-80 discount

GM part number for the Fan that you need since the motor shaft has changed: 22119446, price about $50 retail, $35 discount.

These were good numbers back a few years ago, if not then they will get you to the proper/new numbers, one of the other numbers I have in my notes is 24507563 that might be a newer motor number. This is one of the biggest electric cooling fans GM made at the time, used on a lot of "tow" packages for other vehicles :mrgreen:, something like a 240 watt monster amp eater :twisted:

Ok, now I am gone :willynilly:

Jeff M

Thanks for the numbers Jeff. It appears that the fan motors are the same from the TGP and the Z34 fan I'm using right now. I already have the blade and motor seperated from the TGP fan. Hopefully I can just replace the TGP fan motor with the Z34 fan motor.

:thumb:

Good luck with it all. Also best to go over the electrical for this important fan if you do not know all this, there are a number of wear areas such as the main connector getting too hot/weak contacts and the metal of the contacts shows purple/plastic shows signs of melting. Also the fan relay getting the same, I always swap the relay with the 2nd fan one since it gets little use and is such a smaller/amp fan.

Jeff M