longest 7 days of my life!

luminal67

to start things off, my diff blew and took some of the trans with it last week. so, along with pulling my motor on friday, we also pulled the motor from my friends 91 GTP, which is a 12 second car, to go into a 94 SE. we also had to pull both tanks and exhausts to swap over. that was friday.

on saturday, we got the 94 ready for the motor and swapped it in and started to tie up all the loose ends.

on sunday, we had to clean the garage in preparation for my trans rebuild and a cam install on my friend AJ's 2000 GTP with new 105* springs, seals and a set of ported manifolds. this day was VERY long. i did not get to bed untill 6 AM on monday morning.

on monday we got off to a late start because of how late we went to bed, so after about 3 hours of cleaning the garage again, we put my engine/trans back into my car and started to finish things up on it.

On tuesday after work, me and stoney with the 94, were both doing the last finshing details on our cars, but still didnt get them finished.

yesterday, we got things done on our cars, and tried starting stoneys car. But there were some issues that we couldnt figure out and we couldnt get it started. My car on the other hand, started but it wouldnt shift out of first and the speedo didn't work. So I ordered a new VSS.

today i installed the VSS and the problem of no shifting was still there. It turns out that the wires in the connector werent in all the way and ended up falling out when i grabbed them. so after i put a new plug on it, it shifted and the speedo works. I still need to drive it more to make sure everything s kosher. Stoneys car took a while but we traced his problem down to 1 wire that didn't get hooked up. we fixed it and his car runs great.

Im glad its over and all the cars run.

It definately seemed like you guys had a long weekend. But you got pretty much everything accomplished that you wanted to, and stoney has a lot quicker DD now, and you've got a new trans with 3.29 gears. :twisted: I'm glad we got that wiring issue figured out with his car too, as many times as he said he looked it over I can't belive he missed that wire. All the cars seemed to run well though so while it was a long weekend for you guys, it was definately a successfull one.