well I changed my battery (just in time I think lol)

THe_DeTAiL3R

Last 2 days the car would either not start or start with difficulty. When I'd get it running, the CD player and DIC was reset... so yeah. After work yesterday I figured I'd clean and tighten the hell out of all the bolts and see if it was better.. not really. So I went to Canadian Tire and got it tested - :thumbsdown:

So I got this... and yes it does fit in with the extra top terminals! :)

It was $114 +$10 for total of 9 year free replacement warrantee

I also got $5 for the old battery and $6 Canadian Tire money.. which basically paid for the extra warrantee...

Motomaster Eliminator (top of the line Motomaster)

Cranking Amps Up to 1200

Free Replacement Period 3 years

Reserve Capacity Up to 160 minutes

Marine Cranking Amps N/A

Cold Cranking Amps Up to 875

Power 12V

Model Number N/A

Warranty 9 years total warranty

Now I'll be able to listen to my stereo without worrying if my car will start :lol:

0103478_450_CC_2287b.jpg

should be a good battery, and 9 years replacement beats the hell out of the 18 months warranty i got with my delco battery.

lol, my car has now sat long enough to kill the battery, no worries cause I'm considering moving it to the trunk so it might just get replaced anyways Might get myself one of those Batteries, is that 9 year thing a limited time offer?

Jamie

Yeah I have my choices down to an optima or the eliminator. The problem with the eliminator is that its not a sealed battery, is it? I'm moving it to the trunk so I would prefer to have a sealed battery rather than having to drill a hole for a vent.

Jamie

I priced out a yellowtop at Partsource and they were like $280 or something crazy.

This one here is sealed.. and a good price

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443249210&FOLDER%3C%3EbrowsePath=2534374303517494&FOLDER%3C%3EbrowsePath=2534374303517543&FOLDER%3C%3EbrowsePath=1408474396669678&FOLDER%3C%3EbrowsePath=2534374303517477&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374303517477&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474396670271&bmUID=1149215231900

My family has always bought Motomaster72 or whatever and they've been good batterys. I hope the Eliminator lives up to what it's suppose to be...

I had one Ford battery... traded it in at the junkyard for a GM battery (Motomaster72) had it in my old GP for a little while, then we put it in our van cause the battery died in it... still running strong LOL

ohhh....and a 10 year warrenty! Hmm, that really narrows it down to price. In comparing the specs that Battery is better than the Yellow top but not quite as good as the red top, I just have to price out the red top 34 & 34R to see if the difference is worth the extra battery....

Jamie

If you're putting a battery in the trunk, I highly suggest an Optima. The Yellow top is designed for severe power draws like hydrolics, massive stereo systems, and the like. Red tops are designed for starting under harsh conditions. There are your two main differences.

If you're putting a battery in the trunk, I highly suggest an Optima. The Yellow top is designed for severe power draws like hydrolics, massive stereo systems, and the like. Red tops are designed for starting under harsh conditions. There are your two main differences.

<-------------- loves his Optima Red Top

My Delco battery is marginal at best in winter time.....this fall I'll probably replace it....IIRC you can buy Optima batteries @ Costco fairly cheap...