And just when you thought I was gone for good..................

Hippie

The Monte with the Z34 wheels looks the best' date=' if it matters any more.

[/quote']

haha typical w-body owner opinion....."stock wheels are sweet!!" they look so........stock!!

Haha typical dumbass remark..... I don't even own a w-body..... you're so...... ignorant!

Here's my story Hippee: When my son was around 17 I gave him a perfectly good 79 Malibu wagon that I had inherited from my father. It was in really good shape. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ya know how it goes Hippee, you never stop being a Dad...........................

Actually I'm the "Evil Stepfather", they're biological father has never contributed a dime to their vehicles except to slip them 20 bucks for gas once in awhile. I originally bought a fairly nice '76 Monte Carlo with t-tops with the intent that he could help fix it up and if he met some other conditions I would "sell" it to him when he turned 16 with the price being determined by attitude, cooperation, grades, etc. He rinsed it off with the hose once, otherwise all he did was sit in it with his buddies and play the radio and run the battery down, as soon as I mentioned work he had other places to be......... About the same time he started "borrowing" (took over without asking) his Mom's Trek Mt. Bike which was in mint condition even though it was 7 years old and she'd racked up a ton of miles on it. Within weeks the bike was trashed. I called off the Monte deal, it needs work but it is too nice to let it get trashed, it can still be a real nice ride. He still has it in his head I'm going to hand him the keys. WRONG!!! I'm going to fix a few things and then sell it and put the money into my current "toy" an '89 Chevy C1500 Sportside which he thinks he's going to drive also. Wrong AGAIN. He's dangerous enough with a 2.8 AT, no way I'm putting him behind the wheel of a 383 & 5 speed. :eek:

I cant stand kids that are like that. Unless you have paid for it yourself, dont trash it. I'm 18, going on 19 and I know too many teens my age that have gotten nice vehicles, and in very short order, they are totally trashed. I was scared to even park at my school when I would drive because of the way that they acted. There was kids there that would think they were cool by peeling out every time they took off. And it was a gravel parking lot, there would be rocks flying everywhere. One time, i heard a couple of them hit my car. :cussing: There was someone that bought a really nice teal/chacoal cutty coupe. Tint, 5 spokes, lip spoiler etc... Well, I almost cried whenever I saw the car because there was always something new that was damaged on it. One of the wheels got a really bad scrape, then the hood was rippled, next, the roof was caved in. And It continued like this. :cry: People that dont have a care in the world for there own vehicle is one thing, but the ones that dont care about there own, and no one elses is something that I cant stand. :evil:

I cant stand kids that are like that. Unless you have paid for it yourself, dont trash it.

Years ago there was a 17 Year Old in town that was handed a MINT '68 Malibu Coupe by his Grandmother. It was a 307 PG but still it was a low mile one owner and had factory buckets and console. He took it out and put it in every ditch within 20 miles and bent the Hell out of it and then was stupid enough to brag about how cool it was to do that. He mysteriously showed up with 2 black eyes and a broken nose a couple days later and wasn't bragging about trashing the Malibu anymore.......... We never found out who got him but they have a few "cold ones" coming from me.

She helped him buy a nice low mile '89 Beretta, we'll see how long it lasts.

Is it a base or GTU? 2.8 or 2.0? If it's a 2.8, then it should last quite a while. If it's a GTU and he destroys it, well, I'll be sad.

She helped him buy a nice low mile '89 Beretta, we'll see how long it lasts.

Is it a base or GTU? 2.8 or 2.0? If it's a 2.8, then it should last quite a while. If it's a GTU and he destroys it, well, I'll be sad.

Base 2.8 with a whole list of new parts including all 6 injectors, mechanically all it really needed was the hood release fixed and I did that last night, a few squirts of MMO and a little "realignment" with a small pry bar and it works almost good as new, it still has about a half second delay before it pops up on it's own but at least it pops up now. The kid that had it had before put a Flowmaster with dual oulets on it and I thought it was going to sound awful, it actually isn't too bad and at idle it sounds pretty ballsy. It also has a very distinctive exhaust note so if he's anywhere within earshot we know it's him. So far he is showing a lot more interest in keeping it nice. Maybe because he has to pay for half of it and partly because all his friend's think it's a nice car. He was complaining last night because the local car wash is closed for remodeling and the next closest "good" car wash is 8 miles away. There is hope.......