And just when you thought I was gone for good..................

Hippie

I'm back. :biggrin: and NO I never got the 4.9 in the Z34 but to the guy that gave me his 3.4 DOHC, it's in the Z34 now and running strong although it has a new owner. I passed along the motor for free also, it wouldn't have been right to make money off your generosity. I still have the 4.9 though and I keep watching for the right body to put it in since I can't convince Pat Gizz he needs it worse than I do.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to the guys that posted the fuel pump and rear strut replacemnt stuff in the FAQ's. I fell heir to a butt ugly but good running '90 3.1 Regal in need of a fuel pump ( obviously it's not running at the moment) and a rear strut and being the cheap SOB I am I will be doing both myself out in the backyard. Your posts beat the Hell out of the POS Hayne's manuals they put out now, good info guys. :cool:

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to the guys that posted the... rear strut replacemnt stuff in the FAQ's.

I was just looking at those. They need pictures.

Hey, I wondered what happened to you.

If anybody remembers these pictures, I made them for him when he was getting the Monte and was pondering wheel choices.

Monte7.jpg

Monte3.jpg

The Monte with the Z34 wheels looks the best, if it matters any more.

I think someone posted that picture as a suggestion to me once..

I'm glad you stick with your steelies. I think that, done properly, a set of steel rims and look just as good as any other ones.

Thank you. I've actually received death threats over my car and it's appearance. I figure if I like the way it looks and it gets that kind of reaction.. keep it up.

I'm glad you stick with your steelies. I think that, done properly, a set of steel rims can look just as good as any other ones.

Oops...

But yeah, the day you get new rims would be a sad day, indeed. Keep the faith.

I'm glad you stick with your steelies. I think that, done properly, a set of steel rims and look just as good as any other ones.

Thank you. I've actually received death threats over my car and it's appearance. I figure if I like the way it looks and it gets that kind of reaction.. keep it up.

Ahhh love is in the air.

The Monte with the Z34 wheels looks the best, if it matters any more.

haha typical w-body owner opinion....."stock wheels are sweet!!" they look so........stock!!

I remember you as well. It's been a while since you've been on here.

My last post was probably about a year and a half ago IIRC. The Z34 got sold a couple months later, I stopped by once in awhile but with no W-body didn't see much point in posting. The current W-Body is nothing to brag about so I'll mainly be doing just enough to it to keep it on the road. Bought it for the kid and things kept unexplainably "breaking" which his Mother attributed to the car being a POS. I attributed it to "other" causes......... :mad: She helped him buy a nice low mile '89 Beretta, we'll see how long it lasts. In the meantime I took back the Regal and will undo some of the "breakage" and use it as a work car and back up for my '94 LeSabre which is knocking on the 200K mark. No mods for the Regal but even though I have too many other projects going I still keep one eye peeled for a clean W to slide that 4.9 into. I still like the ride and road feel of the W's, but maybe this time I'll set my sights on a nice clean 4 door Grandpa car instead. Oh yeah, with "stock" wheels. :naughty:

Hey welcome back Hippie! Good to see you on the board again.

Funny how any cars the kids get always ends up as a 'POS' isnt it? And it's NEVER anything that they do. :lol: :lol:

Good luck finding something sweet to stick that motor in.

The Monte with the Z34 wheels looks the best' date=' if it matters any more.

[/quote']

haha typical w-body owner opinion....."stock wheels are sweet!!" they look so........stock!!

:rolleyes:

Hey welcome back Hippie! Good to see you on the board again.

Funny how any cars the kids get always ends up as a 'POS' isnt it? And it's NEVER anything that they do. :lol: :lol:

Good luck finding something sweet to stick that motor in.

Thanks, good to see you're still here.

Yeah, it's amazing what a 16 year old can do to a car in 3 months. First thing I did after reclaiming ownership was clean it up and survey all the damages, the body was never cherry but was for the most part straight, not anymore, there is at least a small dent in every body panel now. He came home one evening with the hood all caved in, when I asked what happened he acted like he didn't know it was bent. :rolleyes: Pretty hard not to notice, especially when it's right in front of your face, he later told his Mom they were doing Duke's of Hazard hood slides, I ain't buyin' it but what do you do? :dunno: The interior had been near perfect but now bears the scars and missing pieces from an aborted stereo install, I told him I'd help him but he and his buddies obviously knew more about instaling car stereo's than the "old man". Yeah, RIGHT! I just wish he knew where the factory tape deck was so I could at least fill the hole in the dash where it used to be. His older brother told my wife "Isn't it strange how 2 days after Glenn got the Regal back it looks a thousand times better....?" It's a shame becasue except for rust in the outer rocker's and peeling paint it was a nice car with power everything and it all still works. Oh well, that's partly why I bought it, I had a pretty good hunch what would happen before he figured out why his friend's cars were junk and I sure as Hell didn't want him figuring out on our car's. Beat on 'em and they break, doesn't get much simpler than that, hopefully it's out of his system, if not he'll be walking a LOT because I have my own stuff to work on and I've lost too much time and money on his. Except for technical advice he's on his own, if it breaks he's payin' for it. He's paying for half the new ride as well, if it was up to me he'd pay for the Regal AND his new car, makes you glad you're not my kid doesn't it? :wink:

Oh yeah, nice to see the thread hijacking stopped while I was gone.

Here's my story Hippee: When my son was around 17 I gave him a perfectly good 79 Malibu wagon that I had inherited from my father. It was in really good shape. He swore he'd take care of it and such, yeah right. After he had it a couple of weeks, the exhaust was leaking so I looked at it, the manifold was cracked. I found out later that him and his boys were taking that old Chevy out and finding little humps in bridges and trying to get it airborne. Well he finally jumped one that was way high and got that thing way up and it slammed back into the road cracking the manifold.

One day a month later or so my car broke so I borrowed his. The thing was all trashed inside, Mickey d's shit and assorted other trash. All the A/C vents were busted, the dash was cracked, etc. When I confronted him, he blamed it on his 'friends'.

I got so pissed I took the damn car back and sold it to a friend at work for 300 bucks.

Guess I didn't learn my lesson because a few years later after he got out of the Navy I gave him this old 86 Buick Century for free, he went and got it inspected and called me up and bitched at me because it needed a ball joint! What balls that kid had.

Ya know how it goes Hippee, you never stop being a Dad...........................