Need help installing AQ9 Seats in my 1992 GP SE.

Q-Ball

I have a cord for my power seat I can use. That gives me my 6 way power. I have removed my seats as well as center console. I'm putting the other console in with DIC. I noticed I have another power line that was under my center console, but I am assuming that is going to be for the cig lighter for the new console, since I will have to remove my other cig lighter.

Any help would be appreciated. I tried searching here, but everyones pictures on photobucket have been moved/erased. So I have done of my own.

Ok, so these are the only 2 cords I have currently coming from my car:

hpim09349wk.jpg

This is how my Driver side chair is:

hpim09296ys.jpg

hpim09309wf.jpg

hpim09316kx.jpg

Heres a close up of the chair:

legend6ob.jpg

And this ofcourse will have to be removed for the DIC.

hpim09322wm.jpg

So How can I get everything together?

What are you asking? All you have to do now is plug everything in! Plug the AQ9 harness into the console lighter plug... ( the AQ9 harness has it's own new lighter plug ). Then just plug all the connectors into the seats where they fit and you're done.

Attach your existing power seat movement power and ground wires to the red and black wires under the drivers seat.

Remove the ashtray from your dash and extend the lighter wiring to reach your new lighter location. Then plug the 2 plugs (blue and white ones)from the center of the AQ9 harness into the armrest and there should be 1 plug(grey one) left over with grey, white and black wires. (not sure on the wire colors)

Its been awhile but I believe that black is ground, white is 12V constant and grey is your illumination feed for the buttons. Splice those wires into their respective sources and the pneumatics should work.

FWIW, I grabbed the entire DIC harness, seat wiring, and air tubing when I did my AQ9/DIC swap. There was absolutely no cutting or splicing involved, and I don't recall having any problems at all when it cames to hooking it up.

Ok. Heres the update. I got the seats in. I have basic power to the drivers side as well to the center console controls. But there is still there one connector I cant figure out underneath the driver side chair. It has a black and orange wire. I dont have a female connector to plug it into. Instead of being pins, there are thing but 2 wide pins.

I was also seeing online you can connect the power to the C200 Firewall. Is this really necessary?

Yeah, I might need some help. I'm basically making to 2 DIC's into one. Parts from each. Although they are slightly differernt. 88 GP SE (C-Bad's) has a light to show what gear its in. And Matt's, I think is out of a 88-90 TGP which doesnt have a light, but just the tape with the orange marking to show what gear its in. With Dave's, the only time the light kicks in is when its dark out and my interior lights come on. Kinda weird. :lol:

With Dave's, the only time the light kicks in is when its dark out and my interior lights come on. Kinda weird. :lol:

So you can see it at night.. duh! ;)

Well C-Bad and I tried getting the seats to work with no luck. Matt, we printed out your PM and connected everything and even tested all the wires. Everything is live and grounded. I think the compressor itself is shot. :(

We played around with it for a couple hours. Connected all the power wires together, grounded everything. Used a test light to check the connections. Even pulled out my AQ9 to look at the wiring...

:dunno: