high output alternator

one_fast_prix

saw this and was wondering what are stock alternator's specs are at, i know they're like 100 amps, but what are they cranking out at idle and hot and cold. this one says 70-80 at idle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7933450141&fromMakeTrack=true

Honestly....a high output alternator isnt even needed unles you a running a ton of power. I was having alternator issues, so I upgrade my battery, BIG 3 and alternator all at the same time. Everything was fine. Then my high output alternator went, so I put in a lifetime warranty bosch alternator and there has been no noticeable difference since I change back.

what is the big 3 again, i have a cap and soon getting a yellow top for the truck and leaving my reg. wal-mart special in the front.

'Big 3' is basically alt to positive battery terminal, positive battery terminal to AUX post, negative battery terminal to ground ( then you can have another from that same ground to the engine block for a better ground )

On a side note, Im surprised almost everyone that has a W that has a system in it has a cap or bettery battery, more than one battery etc etc. I only have a 'Big 3' thats it. :dunno:

back to scheduled program

You add wire to whats already there, do not replace. I used 4g wire for mine, but if you have a bigger demand for current, you can use 1/0g wire.

• 2 weeks later...