Radio doesnt sound very good? *FIXED*

Q-Ball

The stock radio worked well, but ever since I had Best Buy install my Pioneer Deck, my radio has been sounding like its picking up more static... Is this normal?

well you can buy things to get rid of the static and boost the power to your antenna. check it out on best buys website. and I would ask the guys at best buy what they did, cause i didt lose much reception after my deck install and I did that myself.

Is there a Local/Distant setting on the radio?? I know i've seen some decks that have this, usually a button that says LO/DX, or something like that. If it is on Local, it greatly reduces the sensitvity of the radio.

If they didn't connect the antenna to the deck that will have a drastic effect on quality...on my Lumina I had to buy an adpater to attach the antenna to my deck....maybe they didn't connect the antenna

nah if they didnt connect the antenna, he wouldnt get a thing. I didnt have an antenna hoocked up to my deck, and I didnt get squat. not even am radio

nah if they didnt connect the antenna, he wouldnt get a thing. I didnt have an antenna hoocked up to my deck, and I didnt get squat. not even am radio

Interesting....I've found that a lot of these newer decks can pick up FM way better then AM now...hell in the stores most of the AM stations barely come in at all....anyway free bump

I'm wondering if it's his worn out power antenna... it makes loud noises when it goes up and down :lol:

I would check the connection at the back of the HU, maybe it came lose when they were shoving it back into the dash...

• 4 weeks later...

I dunno...in my experience most aftermarket head units have shitty reception anyway. My Sony was the worst. Made it sound like local stations were 300 miles away.

• 3 weeks later...

Well whats kind of noises are you getting? Static all the time, static when you accelerate, or what. Be more specific of whats going on. Whatever is going on, its definately connected if your getting any sound, but may not be connect with the right adapter. I know that if they used too big of an antenna adapter or didnt use one at all the the antenna plug is just kind of dangling around in the back of the radio, its not making full contact which will give you the static you say you got.

Are you sure its picking up more static, and not just the settings on the deck? What model Pioneer do you have?

I have the Pioneer DEH-P5800MP

Well whats kind of noises are you getting? Static all the time, static when you accelerate, or what. Be more specific of whats going on. Whatever is going on, its definately connected if your getting any sound, but may not be connect with the right adapter. I know that if they used too big of an antenna adapter or didnt use one at all the the antenna plug is just kind of dangling around in the back of the radio, its not making full contact which will give you the static you say you got.

I get sound all the time. It doesnt change when accelerating either. Its just not fully clear as it used to be. Maybe my ears just got better. :lol: I dont know, I have never taken out the deck myself. Maybe I should try one day.

Maybe my ears just got better.

On the other hand, maybe your hearing things!

I have never taken out the deck myself. Maybe I should try one day.

We can give it a go tomorrow if your cars still running to pick me up from work and save me one day of having to ride the damn LTC

Jamie

Maybe my ears just got better.

On the other hand, maybe your hearing things!

I have never taken out the deck myself. Maybe I should try one day.

We can give it a go tomorrow if your cars still running to pick me up from work and save me one day of having to ride the damn LTC

Jamie

I couldnt make it. lol. I hope you enjoyed the LTC ride. I'm replacing the antenna with one that works to see if that will fix the problem. If not, screw it. Maybe a digital one might help.

• 3 weeks later...