just installed my system

jmoss21

and i was wondering if there was anyway to chain my trunk down to prevent theft my trunk doesnt open anyway and i have fold down real seats with a 91 cutty supreme

thxxx

well if i were you, I would shave off the key hole and fill it in with bondo. then diconnect the trunk release button inside the car as well. No way to get in then.

Well, I'd shave the trunk lock (And actually will do so)..

..Id add in a RKE system, whether it's OEM or aftermarket..

..I would want to keep the remote trunk release in the car, but maybe wire it in only if the accessories are switched (Meaning, instead of constant 12v+, wire it up so it gets the 12v it needs when the key is switched)..

Or hid the button somewhere no one would guess it is.. Because that bright yellow button screams "Hey, this must be the trunk!" (I asume your Cutty has a remote button on it)

the button already doesnt work! :) i think the soldenoid went and i dont have a key i just wanna chain it down so even if someone tried to screwdriver the lock it wont open

or what you could do, is just crawl into the trunk from the cabin, and bolt a brace kinda thing from the latch on the trunk lid to the latch on the car. Cheap and easy. If were on the same page :lol:

It's not hard to get into a W trunk......though I think the Lumina's are easiest. Someone posted a picture of how they broke into their car by kicking out the taillight and unscrewing the lock cylinder lol...

fix it and buy a alarm that comes with a trunk release and problems solved. If they really want it they will find away plus you have inusrance too.

It's not hard to get into a W trunk......though I think the Lumina's are easiest. Someone posted a picture of how they broke into their car by kicking out the taillight and unscrewing the lock cylinder lol...

and only on w-body.com would you find the answer to help you break into your own car :lol:

W-Body.com - "Helping kids steal subs since 1990"

or what you could do, is just crawl into the trunk from the cabin, and bolt a brace kinda thing from the latch on the trunk lid to the latch on the car. Cheap and easy. If were on the same page :lol:

yes i was thinking the same i didnt know if a thing existed where can i get one?