Bra, Front End Mask, Whatever they call it, i want a new one

Pabz

Where could i get one? and what price?

i want to get Cutlass stenciled into it like the one i have now, is the GM goodwrench one a 2 piece so i can open my hood?

I got mine on Ebay for $20 shipped brand new! I've seen them on there in the past as well.

I'll see if I can dig up the box and find the GM p/n.

It has nothing stenciled into it, but it is a 2-piece and is designed for Internationals.

They're great if you ever have to commute long distances.

When I moved 40-minutes out of the city, my Cutlass's nearly perfect hood got all chipped up by rocks being kicked up by semi's. It's crazy how far the rocks reach too, I usually try to stay at least 500ft away from semi's, but those rocks still reached my hood somehow. Possibly worse than the rocks, are the bugs. The hood would be totally bug-covered during the summer months. I learned quickly that I had to wash the hood every night after coming home. If I let it sit on the hood overnight, the bug guts would damage the paint.

I moved way closer to town though, so I'm ready to retire the bra until some time that I need to take the car on a long trip. The car really looks way better without it.

they are all out, discontinued!! same with the window triming on the rear window at the bottom, mine got wrecked taking it out for the paint job, i want to keep my new paintjob from chipping thats why i want a bra, and the bondo work i did on the hood at the front is in need of protection also, i don't want huge chips falling off!! So is there anyway i can get one, if lebra masks look to cheezy then i'll just keep the one i have,, but i really need a new one!! anyway we can work out a deal?

Its not so much they are just ugly some bra's look phat on certain cars, but I personally destroyed my hood because of a stupid bra. I took it off regulary and washed and waxed under it but It still messed up my paint. If you have a dark colored car you can really tell. Also the sand and small rocks get under you bra and when the wind blows it vibrates (even if you can't see it) and scratches the paint.

I waxed the hood every time I took the bra off (which was every time I washed it). It really helped a lot as far as protection from rocks.

I definitely think the car looks 1000x better without it, but rock chips and etched paint from bug juice looks worse and costs $$$ to repair.

Although I'm retiring the bra for now, I don't want to sell it because another one might be impossible to find should I need it again.

That sucks that most of the trim is discontinued too, that stuff is hard to find in good shape at a junkyard.

Yeah, bras aren't very stylish...but anything looks better than the swiss cheese look of my hood right now. Too many off-season 900 mile trips to Calgary on the main travel route. Winter roads and every second vehicle is a rig - and now I even have a pair of wishshield welts in the center of my windshield to add to the fray.

I should have bought a bra to put on for those trips, now I have about a four-hundred dollar bill waiting to be performed. Grr :x

I had a bra on my car for 2yrs and no rust.

When I take it off, my hood is as fresh as the day I covered it up.

No fading or discoloration either.

I'm glad I had it, because my car looks a lot better now than it would have.

Sometimes you gotta think with an eye towards the future.

I tend to notice those kind of problems on cars with bras that haven't been removed for cleaning, or checked every so often to remove debrit. There've been times I've detailed cars and pulled out dead clumps of grass, endless bugs, and chips of paint; all indicating the bra had been on for a couple of years without ever being removed. I found that the rust was typical of those that left them on even after a winter. This way, a nice coat of salt is left. Without ever removing it to wash, the constant moisture from future wet periods just starts and continues the corrosion process.