92 DOHC GP SE 5 speed?

Euro

It's rareity comes from it's 5 speed, not its 3.4L DOHC. I'll be honest, I haven't seen many non-clad cars with a 3.4L, but it falls under the catagory of my personal "neat but who cares". Factory rare is one thing. Factory freak is another.

To be very honest, it seems fishy. I'd want to see the RPO sticker on that car before calling it a rare factory car. No options and a 3.4L with a CD player? Without steering wheel radio controls? Maybe one of you over there can ask for a picture of the sticker, RPO tag or VIN.

He's had that posted there for quite a long time. He had it up for sale a few years ago too IIRC.

It was the black '92 GTP pictured above that he was selling the first time, it only had around 50K on it from what I remember...damn nice GP's.

Guest TurboSedan

there's a car like that running around here. it's a black SE coupe with DOHC/Getrag 284. i was surprised to see the DOHC badges on a non B4U car but even more surprised when i spotted the 5-speed shifter inside :eek: rare as hell i'm sure but they do exist.

He's had that posted there for quite a long time. He had it up for sale a few years ago too IIRC.

It was the black '92 GTP pictured above that he was selling the first time, it only had around 50K on it from what I remember...damn nice GP's.

Ah That was probably it. I just remember seeing the picture of the two cars and one of them being low mileage and for sale.

a friend of mine bought a running, driving gp just like that only white. But he tore it appart to use as a parts car for a 5 speed swap. :sad:

SoccerPlayer?

So meanwhile back at the ranch, this car is unverified, i.e. just a plain jane SE with a 3.4L DOHC transplant until proven otherwise?

Huh, no. They made BYU cars with the 3.4/5speed combo, they are rare though.

So meanwhile back at the ranch, this car is unverified, i.e. just a plain jane SE with a 3.4L DOHC transplant until proven otherwise?

Huh, no. They made BYU cars with the 3.4/5speed combo, they are rare though.

They probably did. I just wanna see proof that this is one of those cars and not just a swap. Seeing a car with that engine is one thing, seeing some factory proof, as easy as a VIN or RPO sticker is another.

Luminas with a 4 cylinder might be rare, maybe neat, whatever, but I just can't go putting one in any old lumina and calling it a rare factory 4 cylinder. If it didn't come that way from the factory, it's just a conversion.

All I wanted to see was some proof of it being a factory car. It's neat anyways, that's granted, but calling IT, that specific car, a rare factory car would require a little bit of information to back that statement up.

i seriously doubt that any w-body is desireable enough to the point that someone would swap the engines and then claim it is a rare car. that may happen in the classic car circles but certinally not here.

i seriously doubt that any w-body is desireable enough to the point that someone would swap the engines and then claim it is a rare car. that may happen in the classic car circles but certinally not here.

:lol:

i hope not, that would be annoying, and imagine on barret-jackson. here we have a numbers matching X code lumina z34 :lol:

i hope not, that would be annoying, and imagine on barret-jackson. here we have a numbers matching X code lumina z34 :lol:

And the final bid.... SOLD! For $800! You.... tow it home! :willynilly: