dad bought a 92 lumina w/3.1

SaberZ

my dad bought a lumina today from an auction(county auction) used by the municipal personel. Car looks good, runs great, and only has 62,000 miles for a 92 model.

I know it needs an oil chance, tranny fluid change, maybe a tuneup(didnt check the plugs yet), gotta get a hub cap(might just get rims for him instead). Are these cars high maintenance? what else should i look for when i get the oil changed ect.?

They're not high maintennance, but there are a lot of common items that give occasional problems like the alternator, oil pump drive O-ring, ignition module, coils, etc.

Check for oil around the distributor plug. If there is any, it probably needs one.

yeah, with that few miles, you prolly aint got much to worry about. 3.1Ls are pretty low maintence. Do the stuff Shawn said, and if you find it still leaks oil (if it does to begin with) I bet the timing cover gasket is leaking. Mine started to around 80K miles. I bought mine with 62K miles too, and didnt have replace anything till like 80K.

Robby

and looking at some of these Lumina conversions ( from stock to Z34 or Euro Trimming) i want to own it now! lol. Get it painted gray, get new interior(grey to match it).

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=173766

like copy his car. Started just like the one my dad bought(missing cap TOO) lol. Its a sweet looking car afterwards, and that 3.1 is quite gutsy from the little drive in the parking lot i had with it. Smooth ride too. This would be an awesome car to do over, but i dun think my dad would let me, maybe only for the maintenance aspect of it. lol

my car will look like that soon, either 2003 Zo6 blue, or artic white, I have the hood, bumpers and grille, all i need now is the license plate holder and spoiler. But it goes in for paint Friday!!!!! That means in about 2 weeks my car is going to look like a 4 door z34! Later Jay