1996 Lumina donor car for my 94 Cutlass Supreme

94Ragtop

I picked up this 1996 Lumina for the eng and trans parts for my 94 Olds Cutlass Supreme. They are both 3100's but the 96 is OBDII. Other than the obvious like the computer related stuff will things like electric window motors, seat motors, gas tank and fuel pump, brake booster and ABS stuff etc. all be the same as the 94 OLDS? Any idea how to remove the airbags?

a3ae6081.jpg

You have to disconnect the battery and pull the fuses for the airbags, but after that I'd say you should talk to DiscoStudd or GnatGoSpat. One of them should know more. The power window motors might be handy to have around, I believe they are compatible.

To disable the airbags:

1. Turn the steering wheel so that the vehicle's wheels are pointing straight ahead.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

3. Remove the key from the ignition switch.

4. Remove the IP fuse block door.

Important

With Fuse 21 removed and the ignition switch in the RUN position, The AIR BAG warning lamp illuminates. This is normal operation, and does not indicate an SIR system malfunction.

5. Remove Fuse 21 from the IP fuse block.

6. Remove the sound insulator-LH. Refer to Insulator Replacement - Instrument Panel (I/P) in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.

7. Remove the Connector Position Assurance (CPA) from the driver yellow 2-way connector located at the base of the steering column.

8. Disconnect the driver yellow 2-way connector located at the base of the steering column.

9. Remove the sound insulator-RH. Refer to Insulator Replacement - Instrument Panel (I/P) in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.

10. Remove the Connector Position Assurance (CPA) from the passenger yellow 2-way connector located behind the IP compartment door.

11. Disconnect the passenger yellow 2-way connector located behind the IP compartment door.

How much did that Lumina cost? Looks like all it needs is a couple doors.

I think window motors will be different, but not positive on that. Not sure about the seat motors. Everything else you mentioned should be the same.

Thanks for the info. I picked it up for $500. It has peeling paint and wasn't running well but the trans worked good it was all I really I needed. When I got currious and wanted to get it running better I swapped the coils from my Cutlass and put new plugs and wires (the wires glowed in the dark) It ran great. Since my Cutlass was also leaking oil from several places I decided to just swap the eng and tran so I can work on the orig eng and not have to rush. I did notice the trans plug where the cable attaches is different though and I am looking into how to change that out. So I am going to take off as many parts that are swappable or that I could sell before I call the scrap yard.

75031444.jpg

31592987.jpg