Floor Shifter opinions 1994 and earlier

Euro34

I used to have a 93 Lumina Euro 3.4 which was one of my favorite cars. The engine was nice (but later was the downfall of the car) but I really liked the roomy interior and the body colored moldings on the exterior. I would like to find another Lumina Euro (it doesn't have to be the 3.4) but my biggest problem is finding one with a floor shifter. I hate the column shifters in W bodies. I think the floor shifter is so much sportier. It seems as though 90% of the Lumina sedans I see have the column shifter. I do like the Z34 but perfer a 4 door.

Are there really that few with the floor shifter?

Most ive seen (including my 93) had the column shifter. My friends neighbor has a really nice blue one with the floor shift. If you find one you like and it has the column shift I would go for it, you will get used to it.

Any W can be swapped TO floor shift FWIW

rather easily too. i've done several for people. hardest part is changing out the column, and the hardest part of that is getting the steering shaft disconnected from the rack. one guy chose to just remove the arm for the column shifter.

Strangely, my 91 4 dr Regal Custom with 14" steel wheels has ABS and a floor shifter. I bought it in 96.

It is an awefully base car to have floor shift. Got's a power driver seat too.

I've seen much sportier w-bodys than mine with less amenities.

i woulden't let that stop you from buying a decent lumina, and its fairly easy to swap over to floor shift, and lord knows parts are easy enough to get.

just remember 1990-1992 used one style of console

and 1993 and 1994 changed how the floor was setup and requires a console for those years.

As what everybody has said above. This is very easy swap. In fact I just did this myself. What you will need is

new column from floor shifter car

front seats

console

shifter

shifter cable

and mounting tabs for the shifter

Here are the pictures I took of my interior swap I just did. Mine was abit more complex as I changed colors, but you can see what has to happen to change from column to floor shift

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v308/Bake82/Interior%20swap%20pics/

Buy the lumina you want, and if it happens to have a column shift, a days worth of work, and you should be able to have the floor shift car you desire.