C&D assesment of Grand Prix owners

badprix

Grand Prix. Literally, big price or big prize. Utter the words in an automotive context, and one probably thinks either of an open-wheel race-car parade with Schuey as the grand marshal, or of Pontiac's version of the ubiquitous GM W-sedan. Perhaps you've rented one at Avis? Today, we enthusiast types don't salivate much at the name, which has come to conjure overtly boy-racerish cars poorly clad inside and out in low-grade plastics. But at its zenith, the Grand Prix deigned to use model designators borrowed from Duesenbergâ€â€and folks didn't laugh!

the overtly boy-racerish cars part could that mean us or the 97+ boys?

They mean us, more specifically B4U. :lol:

Hey, that's what makes the first-gen GP unique! You can spot a first-gen GP miles away, and there's no confusing it for an import.

My TGP even though 13/14yrs old and not taken care of still looks extremely aggressive and to date have never had an import try me. To bad mine doesn't run as good as it looks.

Same here imports wont try me either. Its funny alot of people who don't know about the cars think I have the 3.8 supercharged (can't remeber technical name now) and then I'm like no its the 3.4

Unfortunately people hear GTP and automatically assume it has the L67 engine, and it doesn't help that the 3.4 is the forgotten one in the GM engine family.

Especially when alot of people don't know what the 3.4 is! :) :)

Today, we enthusiast types don't salivate much at the name, which has come to conjure overtly boy-racerish cars poorly clad inside and out in low-grade plastics.

pardon me for not having a harvard sized vocabulary but can someone explain to me what the shit this means? Or just define these two words in english, because the dictionary sure didnt

Today, we enthusiast types don't salivate much at the name, which has come to bring about images of overly boy-racerish cars poorly clad inside and out in low-grade plastics.