Grand Prix HUD question

AaronA

I just recently bought and received the HUD unit for my car, which I installed (it was a bitch because I didnt realize that the eletronic tripometer should be removed before sending the plug up to the top of the dash) and am quite pleased about. However the dash piece that goes on top, with the hole in it for the HUD, I do not have. This item i have seen once on ebay ever, and a HUD unit has NEVER been seen at the junkyard (most of the cars there are just the most basic models, I rarely have ever seen anything exotic).

Now what my options are is to cut a hole into the top dash I have already, which I think is possible if done methodically. Now what I ask is has anyone attempted this at all?, or if you have this dash piece could anyone let go of it for a fair price (which I kind of dont want to go that route due to low amount of cash and a little higher shipping for such an oddly shaped piece).