fit parts from 94 cutlass to 91 international????????

w-bodys_are_the_best

I just purchased a 91 Olds Cutlass International 3.4/HM-284 5-speed. I also have a 94 Olds Cutlass SL, 3100/4T60E with too many transmission problems after aldready replacing it once. Before the tranny went the last time, I stuck over $1200 in parts in my 94. Does anyone know what all is interchangable? I'm going to tear everything off the 94 that will work on the 91 and junk it. I'd like to keep the brand new struts off of it for the 91 if they are interchangable. I'd like to know if I can use the brake parts from my 94 to upgrade the 91(has the older crap setup). Will the fuel pump work, that is also brand new, but I assume it won't work, 3100 to 3.4DOHC. My 91 needs a brake booster, but I've been told the one from my 94 won't work, plus they're $120 at Napa. I'd also like to know if anyone would like to buy dark burgundy leather seats(power driver) front and back, I will be selling, they are in good shape,I Have attatched a pic from 02 of the interior and will take new ones here soon. If there are any other parts anyone needs let me know, mirrors, glass(exept winshield), interior panels, etc... If anyone could answer my question about the parts interchanging it would be greatly appreciated, and if you want anything off the car just drop me a line, thanks.

P.S. Hate to send another W to the crusher, but I'm sick of dealing with the damn junk 4T60E, and the body is pretty banged up and bruised.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Im going to call the Burgundy leather for Jay (NeverSatisfied)

I know he was lookin for the leather at one point.. Hope this finds you Jay!

As far as swapping everyhting out, everything dhould go in with little to no hassle.. It will simply be a lot of work..

When you do start parting it, would you mind selling the "Sport Pod" to me? (The part that surrounds the CLimate controls, houses the ashtray and the cubby hole) I can even trade you for an 88-93 style pod as well.. Let me know man.. GOod luck with it! :cool:

yeah, the rear upgrade is simple, except for the parking brake, it is a dirrect bolt on.

steal the entire parking brake system, cables, foot pedal and all! Especially with a manual tranny!!!!

struts are the same for 94 and 91.

glass should be the same.

save door handles too!!!

I'm very interested in the driver seat but all those seats can be put into your 91. I've put 94 seats in my 88 cutlass supreme coupe since they are the same. You should be able to swap those out too.

He posted a pic of the interior of the 94.. It's a sedan.. (Dead giveaway on the 94 part: the airbag in the old school cutty interior)

EDIT: Im an idiot.. I meant to type Coupe, but was reading his previously typed word "Sedan"

THE THINGS A COUPE! :willynilly:

yes it is a coupe both are coupes the picture is a pic from 02 when i bought the car it is a 94 SL Coupe, here is a new pic of the seat taken today, seats are dusty from gravels, but will be cleaned soon, a storm was on the way i wanted to get the pics, right after it poured, didn't want my new camera to get wet, so yeah it's in good shape 1 little cut shown in the last pic, on side by power controls, been there since i bought the car never got worse, never bothered me it's on the side.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

I think there is also some confusion on which one is getting parted out because both are same color interior, and i've posted pics of both. The digital dash is from the 91, the 94 Coupe SL will be parted out. Sorry to say, but i've decided as far as the 94 being parted out, I think I put the carridge before the horse, there are alot of parts off the 94 that I can use on the 91, and some that I didn't realise I could use, I've already had a few offers, but here is what I am going to do. I have a ranger 4x4 i am putting a clutch in and then selling, and that is taking my garage space right now, but within the next few weeks it will be finished and, I am pulling the 94 into the grage putting her on stands, and starting the teardown process. For right now even though i've had a few offers on some stuff, I decided it's best to tear it down, take what i need, and clean everything up real good. Yesterday i was able to take some pics of the 94 that i'm parting out, but like I've told a few ppl, it was about to storm, and i didn't have a chance to clean it up. The interior is in good shape don't get me wrong, but very dusty cause of gravel roads and I have'nt cleaned them yet. I will be taking all brake components and puting them on the 91, possibly the dash also, and a few other odds and ends. I will then be stripping the car to bare bones, cleaning parts, taking pictures of them and covering/packaging them, and I will also come up with a price list for everything. This may take a month or so, but if you've already called something, or asked me about it, you will still have the first chance at it. Sorry if i dissapointed some people, but i figured this is a way better way to do this, strip it down, take pics, and have it organized, then the 94's shell will be trailered to the scrapyard. Anything not sold on here will be listed on Ebay. Thanks for the compliments on the new 91 international. If anyone has a white hood, or just a hood for the 91 drop me a line, and if anyone see's a burgundy AQ9 leather driver's seat drop me a line, thanks.