stereo rattles and scratches

ismellrealbad

OK these are the scratches that i discovered were hiding under my cheap pinstripes. $1 to anyone who can tell me why they seem almost symmetrical and why all 4 are exactly like that

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

My system rattles 3 things. the bottom of the trunklid, the spoiler, and my bumper. the trunklid and spoiler seem unfixable but the bumper looks like i could wedge some glue inbetween there and that would fix that. my question is would this kinda glue be bad? i know it will work good but should it not and start to separate im wondering if paint chips will go with it.

crack.jpg

glue.jpg

My licence plate on the rear bumber rattles on my car. So i took some 1/4" thick padded tape and put it on each corner of my plate and that took care of some of the rattles.....check ur licence plate.

Also, my factory spoiler rattles bad too. I think i need to get new rubber bushing on the inside of my deck lid where the spoiler bolts to the decklid.

im almost positive mine is one piece...i dont understand how just the spoiler causes a rattle but when u push down it goes away. then again why the hell would it still rattle when it has those little gaskets under there and i have those nuts n bolts overtightened if anything.

when i was getting things to do up my trunk i bought some expanding foam for the trunk lid. it was 3 bux a can. 1 might be enough but i bought a few as i have other areas i plan on doing as well.

i never noticed any rattles before, but i might now that i plan on a competing. plus i am gonna have alot more power this time around.

as far as finding rattles and fixing them it is a hunt and search trial and error thing.

closed cell foam comes in handy as well. works well behind the license plate.

gotta be careful to not go too much but there are little screw bumpers that might help in stopping or reducing trunk lid rattles.

the trunk latch might also be loose. on my previous rides i had adjustment with the trunk latch to help take up slack. i did not notice any adjustment when i put the trunk popper actuator on.

could also be the tail light assembly.

good luck

that sure sux on the scratches though.

Monty