Pre-97 aftermarket GP parts?

Addicted2bass

Haha. Check out fast forward performance for a few things. Just don't expect Mustang or Camaro-level aftermarket. Hell, don't even expect Dodge Caravan-level aftermarket.

I realize there really is no aftermarket. Im just looking for things to make my car a little better. I really want to get chrome grille inserts (i searched ebay, only found 97 and up ones). Id like to get a cold air filter, maybe some sort of chip (are there any that actually do anything??). I also want to get clear side marker lights and put green bulbs in those and the parking lights. Id like to get a new pontiac symbol for the front cuz mines all messed up. A friend of mine told me hes seen ones that light up. Any other ideas??

Grille Inserts- you'll have to make them yourself.. I've never seen that on a 1st gen...

Cold air intake... easy enough to make one. Find a generic one on ebay for a Honda or something...

Chip- SOL buddy! 96 has a flash-PROM (OBD 1.5) and is not easily programmable. The older 1st gen (88-93) used chips, and 97+ is OBD2 which has aftermarket...

For the rest of the glowing stuff I'd hit up ebay. Or check out http://pfyc.com

Grille Inserts- you'll have to make them yourself.. I've never seen that on a 1st gen...

I've seen people make them for first gens, and they looked like shit...the stock grills look better than any I've seen made.

Most of what you will find is do-it-yourself for our cars.

The chip, I have yet to see one for that engine, but if there is one to be had they will have it at 60degreev6.com (just checked and don't see one for the 96 3.1L)

CAI or FWI...go to home depot and buy some PVC pipe, then buy a cone filter and your good to go!

I thought about doing the lighting up pontiac logo, thats gotta be custom, just remove the one you have, buy a new one ina clear plastic if you and find one, cut out the plastic on the body behind it and install a light behind it. Its not gonna make you go faster though so it might be more trouble than iits worth, lol.

Just my opinion but I think chrome grill inserts would be tacky...then again I dislike chrome on newer cars (including ours)...chrome belongs on a 60's or 70 muscle car. Just my opinion.

Jamie

BEN MAKES CHIPS FOR 94-95.

I thought that you had to have the entire PCM re-flashed?

he makes them for the 3.4's

Thanks for the help guys. Ill prolly end up gettin a K&N air filter and leave it at that for engine mods. Im gettin tint done soon, and maybe some neons, but nothing to crazy. I think a chrome grille would look nice, but only if it was just like the factory one. Is there anywhere online to get rims for a decent price? Im not looking for bling bling 20s, just something that looks better than stock. I looked around pep boys for any cool stuff. What a bunch of ricer crap they have there.

Thanks for the help guys. Ill prolly end up gettin a K&N air filter and leave it at that for engine mods. Im gettin tint done soon, and maybe some neons, but nothing to crazy. I think a chrome grille would look nice, but only if it was just like the factory one. Is there anywhere online to get rims for a decent price? Im not looking for bling bling 20s, just something that looks better than stock. I looked around pep boys for any cool stuff. What a bunch of ricer crap they have there.

Neons = Ricer crap

I dont think neons are ricer if tastefully done. I just want to get green parking lights and side marker lights (with a clear cover) and a green neon behind the grille. Someone on cardomain has a blue GP with blue neon around the pontiac symbol, I think it looks good. Im not saying I want to get a full underbody kit or something, that would definatly look bad on a GP.