Sunroof Question

Robby1870

I couldnt find an answer via searching, but where do the drain tubes drain to? I know they run down b/n the doors on a sedan, but do they exit?

I know they Drain right into the Quarter Panel Between the door and the rear wheel on a Coupe. I drilled holes and put longer tubing in my wheel wells so it wouldn't rust out on mine again.

Your guess is as good as mine an a Sedan??

I have a sunroof on my GP as well. The drains come out on the back quarter panels. The previous owner had work done to the car, and someone didnt like seeing the tubes, so they pushed them back in! No wonder I had major rust holes going through the body. So when I had my body work done, I had carefully pulled the tubes back out and use some sort of caulking so they would stay in place. I believe it was only on the drivers side, I'll have to double check though. But you should see a small hose sticking out infront of your rear tires. It should be about a foot above the bottom of your car.

Hope this helps!

hey Robby, you posted pics that should answer your question in a thread a long time ago...I found them for you and posted all of them here too :thumb:

sunroof1.jpg

sunroof2.jpg

sunroof3.jpg

sunroof4.jpg

sunroof5.jpg

sunroof6.jpg

sunroof7.jpg

sunroof8.jpg

sunroof9.jpg

sunroof10.jpg

sunroof11.jpg

sunroof12.jpg

sunroof13.jpg

Thanks Jeremy! I forgot I even had/posted those. From the looks of that, one or both of my rear drain tubes are probably clogged. Its supposed to rain for the next like 30 days, but if it clears off one day, I'll take a look at it.