gimp19

1. Yesterday when my sister was cleaning the interior and exterior of her grand prix she opened the trunk and everything was damp. I went at looked at it and the whole carpet was soaked and the spare tire cover is growing mold. I took the cover off to see if alot of water was collecting in there and the tire was soaked also. All the weather stripping looks fine so I have no idea where the water is coming from.

2. I set the parking brake in my cutlass last night just to make sure it was working properly. Later on that night when I went to drive it I noticed the "brake indicator" light on the dash was on. I tried resetting the parking brake numerous time and it had no effect on the light at all. The parking brake dosnt seem stuck either and it works just fine.

The best way to check your weatherstripping is to put some wheel bearing grease on the weatherstripping and shut the trunk. Open the trunk back up and look for the grease on the trunk lid. If there is no grease in some spots of the trunklid sealing area its not sealing in that spot. As far as your parking brake light staying on. Check to see if your cable is binding. Also check to see if the switch is loose or damaged. If everything checks out then do what I do and unplug that switch, the light will go out if thats the reason the light is on. :) :) :)

I went out this morning and set the parking brake a couple of times the second time the light went out and it hasn't came back on. I think it might have had somthing to do with the dramatic change in temerature yesterday and the day before it was 80-90 degrees and today its about 40.

Maybe this doesnt apply to your car, but when my speedometer didnt worked on my truck, it threw an ABS code, which set the parking brake light. I had to disconnect the battery for 10 seconds to shut the light off.

I fixed the speedometer right away.