what color should i paint it

1988-5speedse

i have a 1988 grand prix se :D it came stock white and as everone knows the paint peels really badly on the roof of them and i have currently been sanding in it and primering it i am bout 60% done with it and i have not decide what color to paint it if anyone has any suggestions I am up for any of them i want something differnt from anyone else but not too flashyor bold

I have been thinking bout championship pearl white or maybe a gunmetal or a high glosss black

go gunmetal, white with a pearl really only fits luxury cars, i was gonna do white pearl but i say a lowrider in that color and it looked like ass. My mom has a 2003 Astro van and it is a dark Gray metallic, check it out, that color os bad ass. I'd paint my car that color of i had an extra $800 to do inside the door jambs. Later Jay

Pearl white is real nice looking, but if you go with that, you'd need to remove all black rubber moldings so the car looks clean. Then some chrome 18" rims would give the car that expensive look to go with the paint.

I don't care for gunmetal for the whole car, I think black would look better.

That factory gray that had in first couple of years of W-bodies doesnt look bad at all

Robby

Thats the color my car is right now, I'm also debating witch color to get mine painted. I like the factory grey but its peeling in a few spots and I dont see the sense in getting it painted the same color again.

At first I was gonna have it painted black, then I thought about dark blue and yesterday when I was looking for touch up spray paint for my sisters car I saw this "dark grey met. flake" color that I really liked. It's probly simular to the gun metal color, I think it would look nice plus I see alot of black cutlass's around and I'd like mine to be alittle differant.

Dont go with black! It shows dirt and birdshit all too well! My Z34 was red and it got painted black by the previous owner for some stupid reason. Gunmetal is a nice color but not on a car. :) :) :)

gunmetal on rims=good

Only if you like people commenting on how your car would look so much better if only you'd clean the brake dust off the rims. :read:

gunmetal on rims=good

Only if you like people commenting on how your car would look so much better if only you'd clean the brake dust off the rims. :read:

THANK YOU! Gunmetal=nasty

thats when you bitch slap em and tell em to get glasses

OMG any dark color during pollen season totally sucks! I will never again purchase another black car with leather! :( What about that vette color yellow. I think is atomic yellow chromium.

I am gonna go all out! Plain colors are just WELL PLAIN :shock:

Heck if you have the skill and the cash go for it, if you're lacking in either of the 2, go basic colors

paint doesn't cost different prices! If you want a car painted whether it be green, yellow, viper blue etc... its the same price. Its just paint. The labor is what cost.

If you want to have a blue, green, etc and want it to look decent, you'll want metallic, which costs more, then you can forget about the option of clearcoat, cause now you'll NEED clearcoat. I paid $205 for everything needed to repaint my car white in urethane PPG, whereas if I wanted to go and do it dark blue metallic, same line of paint with everything was over $500. That extra was clearcoat, reducer for clearcoat, extra cost for the metallic basecoat, extra cost for the basecoat hardener, then forget about the extra labor. It will be through the roof. An average urethane paintjob done "right" will run about $2000. Sure you can buy lower quality paint, but good luck with it!

paint is cheap as heck here maybe across the states they charge more/less pain't vs labor. I can get just about any color for cheap and they will spray it for about $300. We have places that will give you a good paint job with 2 coats and 3 clears for $500-600. They have another shop thats right down the streat called wagonworks which is the premier for bmw, porsche, audi etc.... (I have seen cars sent from california to WW here in VA) that charge like $3000! Its all in the name of shop that matters.

Ah, I didnt have a shop do mine. If you know their work is good for that price, then it's a good idea. Anything decent around here is minimum $1000, even maaco runs at least $500. That's why I did it myself. Time is $ I know, if I got a price like you got I would have gone there as well!

My friend just painted his '97 Supreme the factory dark bluish green and put House Of Color gold mini metal flakes in the clear coat It looks awesome when the light hit its right.

• 3 weeks later...

House Of Kolor=expensive

Around here, South GA, labor is dirt cheap. The paint, differs in price. Reds are usually more expensive, coming in at like $125-$250 for the complete sets. Whites, blacks, greys, ANY neutrals are super dirt cheap, like $50-$100 for the sets. I wanna go with any kinda blue, but remember, if you change the color of your car the labor is more expensive. You can get a respray with paint for like $150-$200 around here.