Hood always looks popped

Addicted2bass

One thing thats been bugging me about the 96 GP I recently bought is that the hood sits slightly up from the rest of the car in the front. It looks like its popped even when its latched. Ive seen quite a few other GPs of my bodystyle with the same problem. Factory defect of some sort? Is there a way to fix it? I can take a pic if you guys dont know what I mean.

You can try adjusting the latch, you can also try adjusting the rubber stops for the hood. Id try those rubber stops first. They may be adjusted to high, so youll just need to screw em down into the car. I know I didnt phrase it the best, but youll know what I mean when you look at it, if you dont already.

I second the "Latch Adjustment" theory, but just be sure to lower it down in small increments 'till you get it to the correct height. If you push it down too far at first, you may have a bitch of a time getting the hood open...

I think all Grand Prix's are like this (at least the ones with the front light bars).

Mine looks the same way, as do most of the other GPs I've seen.

I've never messed with anything, so if you have any success in making the hood look lower, please pass on what you did.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hood on the 89 lines up fine as well, now my passenger headlight need to be adjusted :thinking: can remember how to align them again, looks like im tinkering with it :lol:

I tried fooling with the latch yesterday but it didnt help, I didnt really get to indepth with it though. The car was in addicent (back in like 99, 2000), but it was in the right rear. Plus I have seen other GPs like this. I think the nose of the car may just be sunk down a little bit. I mya end up gettin one of those small bras that goes over that area (not the full nose covering ones, those are ulgy as hell).

i just gotta say...when i had to replace my hood...it is a giant bitch to align everything. got the edges then the front was messed up. so i adjusted latch and then unscrewed stoppers to right height.

latch first so you can see where the hood will sit when latched. then adjusters to keep it at that desired height.