Whew summer time brings toys/upgrades!!

Pabz

Well i ran into some cash that i could deposit on my car, and got myself a car alarm with carstarter combo pack, VIPER, so it was pricey $585 CDN. ($625 with tax) On monday i will be getting the windows tinted. They are using LLumar windo tint and since shawns page convinced me to get mettalized film, its gonna be pricey too!! i am looking at $370 CDN ($396.76 with tax) for all 5 windows, this is their website http://www.supertint.com/ they use a computer and a plotter to cut the film its called TintTek whew hew!!

What you guys think of the prices i paid for these??

I am also going to tirewarhouse to look at rims, mainly the american eagle 18" x 7.5 with the 245/45/18

The tires are where i have no idea, so i'd like some advice, they have

BFGoodrich g-Force TA KDW

Pirelli P-zero and P7000

Michelin pilot sport

Bridgestone poteza

So, what you guys think, also i am worried about how it will look since i can't lower the car??? Is it still gonna look good?

That sounds extremely high for tint, i apid 200 USD (so thats about $5,000 CDN) and i would stay away from the Ae rims, i was going to buy them but everyone else has them and they are a cheap rim (don't get me wrong i love the looks) Check out http://www.wheelmax.com and u might find some different rims u might like there, i prolly have the same start/alarm u do, BE CAREFUL WITH THE REMOTES THEY ARE FRAGILE(and @ $60 USD to replace, u'll be careful) but everything sounds good. But if i were you i'd get the FFP coilovers and maybe some 17's. Thats what i did. 17's look big enough for me. Good luck with your mods Jay

Wow, that is a bit pricey for tint, I paid US$80 for the back 3. SolarGard metallized tint. I think the front 2 would cost an additional $40-60. Unfortunately, front tinting wasn't legal at the time, or I would have had it done.

Eagle Wheels are cheap, but they work and I've never heard of anyone bending one. Just be sure to check them for pinholes very carefully!

You may have to go with 245/40R18 tires. Although 245/45R18 is closer to stock diameter, the 225's come very close to the wheel well on many Cutty's. On our '88 and '94, the 225 tires even rubbed. 245/45 is the same diameter, but will need 10mm more clearance to the inside. Since the offset of the Eagles is lower (+38mm vs. +44mm stock), they will push the tire out 6mm more, but then you'd still need 4mm more clearance. Of course, that's a very small difference so you might not get any rubbing, but 245/40 will be 1/2" shorter and pretty much guarantees no rubbing.

I found a good deal on 245/45R18 on Ebay so I'm going to try them first though.

Well I personally think you are getting ripped off with your tint considering your car is a two door and I got mine done for 160 cash 20% tint, i think it's solargaurd, but garenteed NOT to turn purple. All shades of tint were the same amount of money and they did one hell of a good job!! :worship: If you want I'm getting pics soon either tonight or tomorrow if you want to see what it looks like.....well one shot from the outside....

ok i went to see the AE 077 and i didn't like the finish

i think i will stick to the 17's so i say konig flatlines OPAL nice finish($1921 CDN = $1319 US)

http://www.konigwheels.com/catalog_product_details.cfm?CategoryID=1&ss_id=251

and just about purchased them, but now i am thinking that i have to look at the offset cause they are 17x7 so i looked for the offset but had a hard time finding specs since they are a discontinued model but he (the sales guy) tried to set me up with the 245/50/17 now that you metion the rubbin i think they will, cause the offset is prolly form 40mm to 44 mm so i am screwed cause he made me make a deposit on them to bring in the last remaining wheels in from around the city. SHITTY i want to go the widest what should i do??

The tires are BFGoodrich Comp T/a HR4 with H-speed rating

but if the bolt patern doesn't even match then its his problem

How credible is buying off of that site you metioned??

http://www.wheelmax.com

i like some rims on there and the whole package offer seems much cheaper that what the ones i am looking at costs. even when converting to CDN dollars

WOW, those are some expensive wheels!!!

I'm having some 18" imported from Canada and they're gonna be less than half that.

Anyway, as far as 245/50R17 rubbing... I don't think they will if the offset is +35mm or thereabouts. I know a lot of the Konigs have offsets about that. Whether they will rub with +40mm offset, I'm really not too sure. Our 94 Cutty was rubbing with factory wheels and 225's, but the subframe was also misaligned.

I HAVE heard of Cutty's with 245/50R17 that did NOT rub, but when it comes to fitting these wide tires, offset is key. I'm pretty sure 245/45R17 would not rub if you don't mind a bit more fender gap.

What do you guys think of these Konig Reigns

i like them and at 17x7.5-5x115 and at 139 US 205 CND its a steel!!

maybe i better not get the flatlines if they cost tooo much, since they are discontinued and i can't find decent specs on them

i need the offset!!

go with 235/45/17 thats what i ahve and they are plenty wide enough! ACtually twice as wide as my stockers! Later Jay

Oh what didn't u like about the Eagle Alloy's? Later Jay

The finish was all wrong, i didn't like the polished ot the crome and the craftsmanship didn't seem all that appealing. Its all about apeal right. The only thing that was appealing was the 18" 5 spoke part, but once i looked at the opal finish i fell in love. but now the reigns are looking better, because their cheaper, but do the reigns look like cavalier stock rims??

Riegns

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?step=details&source=brand&index=25&productCodeIndex=61239

Photoshoped something

looks real shitty though

http://www.ee.ualberta.ca/~ployola/konigflatlineoncutty.JPG

i think i made the righ desicion with the konig flatlines

they are 240 CND each while the tires are about 210 CDN

thats 164 US and 144US respectively. for our friends down south

BTW i figured out why the price was so dam high, they must have thought that it was a sedan and not the coup, silly's!! now looking hopefully cheaper than 322 CDN

What wheels are you getting imported, where did you find them and how expensive??

thats the price for wheels and tires, complete package all 4!!

Oh I see, I guess that's not bad with tires.

I'm getting CSA Gladiators. They're a Mille Miglia Evo 5 clone, but without the price and without the fake bolts (US$400 cheaper). I'm getting them from National Tire in Vancouver BC.

I can't help you with the Konigs. I don't care for the style of any of them. My taste is eccentric and I only like concave 5-spokes so it was either Mille Miglia Evo 5 (too expensive), Gladiators (same as Evo 5), or AE 077's and I had pretty much decided light silver wheels goes better with my light silver ground-effects, so that rules out 077's that only come in polished or chrome. Gladiators are here:

http://www.mullins.com.au/main.asp?Page1=current_styles.asp

On yours with the dark ground-effects, I would probably go for polished or chrome.

thats exactly what i was looking for but couldn't find it anywhere, and if there cheaper i would definitly go with them and get 18's instead,

how much are you paying??

arent the FRD 30's also a replica

http://www.nationaltirewholesale.com/frd/frd_30.html

i also like the dominators how much??

i really like and wanted a thicker spoke that gave the wheels a more agressive look, thats why the reigns interested me

Please share the wealth of beauty, if you know any others like that show me please.

It will be close to $600 for just the wheels. Yep, the FRD 30's are also a replica! I hadn't noticed those on their site. I hope not everyone likes them though, because I don't want other W-body owners to copy me. :wink:

No idea on the dominators. Where did you see them? I can't find any pics of those.

AT Italia has some nice designs too.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/at_italia/at_italia.jsp

The Dominators are under the new release section

http://www.mullins.com.au/main.asp?Page1=current_styles.asp

Well don't worry about me copying you, i am going with the konig flatlines, they are what stuck out the most and i am happy with the price. When i went to see them they also had the frd 30's there but they didn't apeal to me i guess cause i didn't look twice maybe, not saying that thats a bad choice, i really like them, especially 18's Thanks everyone for all your advice and help i'll post pics today and you'll get to see the new paint job !! (Brian your wait will be soon over)

well i decided to keep the dough and now with the tinted windows the international rims seem pretty nice, but i need to get them refinished, anyone no where i can get this done?