think these will fit

1trucavalier

What kinda strut tower bar is that on there? I haven't see that one before. Looks either home-made or just adjustable for whatever reason? Wish I could answer your question thou.

Laterz,

William Grimmer

no its the side braces that come on w-bodies but thats show there on a 97+ gtp. since the STB fit our cars the side braces should also and they are Chrome. I just don't like the $179 price tag. But they look scweet.

what i could do though is measure the length of one and see how close it is and just re-drill new holes. My holes are stripped anyway (thanks to the %^#$@#F@%$#) previous owner. I am sure if you called and requested to have 2 of the same size they may work with you.

quit being lazy and polish your stock ones.....hmm, new project for me, I just finished the two aluminum pieces of my IC plumbing on my non-W car 8) You'll save tons of $'s and if you practice on a spare part, you can probably make them come out nicely. I used a drill, dremel, orbital sander, and some elbow grease on mine. A good bit of work, took away all my spare time over a two day span. :wink: Here's a small pic of my almost final outcome on the smaller piece of the IC piping.

265887_16_full.jpg

Im000150.jpg?bcXEVn.ARkBBW2aI I polished my intake manifold, front valve cover and turbo. Here's my manifold. I also sprayed it with 500deg clear ceramic engine paint so I can just wipe if off.

Stock ones are steel... you could polish them, but they wouldn't stay polished for very long!

have any idea what they do to mirror polished stainless steel exhaust tips to keep them "polished" or what they coat them with? Just curious as I wouldn't mind polishing up my stock braces.

The big difference is stainless steel doesn't rust. If the braces were made of stainless steel and you polished them, they would stay shiny like silverware.

The braces are just steel. You could possibly polish them to a high lustre, but they'll start rusting ASAP! You could always chrome plate them though.

thats why i suggest you spray with ceramic clear so it won't rust. My BOV i orignally buffed/polished then it started to rust on some top portions. I sprayed it with 2 coats of clear now it still looks shiny as ever and no rust at all.