My Convertible is sold, but I will still have a NEW W-body!!!!!

99vetteman

Ever since I purchased my Supercharged Cobalt last year, I have liked it, but have never LOVED it, so I have been negotiating with several dealers over the past few days as to gving back the lease. Well, 2 dealers want the car without penalty to me now after ironing out a deal this morning. ALSO, Humberview Chev in Toronto will be taking my convertible as well. The appraiser came out yesterday to look at the car and the first thing he said was...Holy **** the rear strips below the windows are mint! He knew what he was talking about.... They are buying it off me for 4500 bucks, 1000 more then I paid for it. So I am pleased with that. I will be getting an 06 Monte SS with the 303HP Displacement on Demand V8. Hot car in my books and should be fun to drive! SO I will still have a w-body!

If there is anyone around that is interested in my convertible, thats where it will be!

I will also have a UB3 for sale as the dealer wants me to put the original cluster back in.

Jason

Honestly, you shouldn't sell your cutty vert to them. They'll sell it on ebay for a lot more than that and make a profit!

Yeah that maybe so, but the market for convertible's here in Canada is nothing compared to the states. The odds of me getting half decent money for it up here is slim. Dave pointed out to me that there is alot of Convertible on the canadian auto trader that have been there for months now. [br]Posted on: May 05, 2006, 12:25:21 PM_________________________________________________

Honestly, you shouldn't sell your cutty vert to them. They'll sell it on ebay for a lot more than that and make a profit!

Yeah that maybe so, but the market for convertible's here in Canada is nothing compared to the states. The odds of me getting half decent money for it up here is slim. Dave pointed out to me that there is alot of Convertibles on the canadian auto trader that have been there for months now.

damn, well good luck with that dude! the new monte's are alright, the front ends are meh

didnt you just buy the vert too?

damn, well good luck with that dude! the new monte's are alright, the front ends are meh

didnt you just buy the vert too?

Yeah I got it in February, I am pretty much breaking even on the deal with what I paid to what I am selling.....

at least you got rid of the Cobalt :mrgreen:

LOL, it was a fun car to drive, pretty powerful for its size. But I am just so used to the bigger more torque cars. By the time all the paper work is done etc, it probably wont be until thursday or wednesday of next week as they have to get the car from another dealer. I will make sure to get tons of pics and post them....

at least you got rid of the Cobalt :mrgreen:

LOL, it was a fun car to drive, pretty powerful for its size. But I am just so used to the bigger more torque cars. By the time all the paper work is done etc, it probably wont be until thursday or wednesday of next week as they have to get the car from another dealer. I will make sure to get tons of pics and post them....

If you join mymonte.com, you'll be one of the few with the new V8 monte. :thumb:

Letting a Convert in good shape go to a dealer is a crime. They have the space to sit on them till some rube comes along and pays 13,000 for one. (there is a '93 with black top/black ext/red int that has over 100k km and they want 12,998)

I would just dump it on eBay, cross boarder vehicle trading is exceedingly easy.

good deal if thats what you wanted. If u don't mind me asking how much was the lease on a cobalt?

Oh it was extremely cheap! $289 a month. I bought it during the employee pricing last year, plus I put a few thousand down. I have always loved the vert's but I have had my fair share of them now. It needed a new top, shocks, tires etc etc.... The money I would have dumped into it I could put into a new car with less problems. I LOVE the car, but I LOVE the thought of a nice Big V8 under the hood!

Jason

Wow, you sure go through alot of cars! Make up your mind man! :lol:

I think you did just fine on deal for the convertable, after all we can only really drive them like 3mths a year, or in the summer it's just too damn humid so A/C is better...

The 5.3L is a very nice engine, I've never drove a new Monte but the GXP is a very nice car. :thumb: