Don't do this to your W-Body

Rocketman

I dont care to explain the details right now but short n sweet I lost control and ended up hitting a tree moving at a pretty good speed. I'm not sure how fast I was going.

I suffered an airbag abrasion to my face and a sore foot (brake foot), my friend who was riding with me had a sore neck but we're both fine now.

My ABS didnt activate for some reason, but the airbags did deploy. I'm out of a car untill I fix my capri, a friend offered me a low mileage 92 Chevy Cavalier so I might take him up on that. I guess this is it for me here, i dont really have a reason to stick around.

Just fixed the damn thing too, less than 8k on new headgaskets, brakes all around, misc. stuff. I signed it over to the tow company but I can find out where its headed if anyone wants the good parts from the B4U kit. (its probably gunna end up somewhere in Eastern PA). Well built car though, anything less probably woulda killed us.

heres some pics:

accident4.jpg

accident6.jpg

more pics if ya want

http://www.werbatfik.com/uplimg/accident

-Rocketman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocketman

• fastbird232

• THe_DeTAiL3R

• Nick1234

Damn, another red GP totaled... :eek:

That sucks man. Nice to know the airbags work in these things though...

I loved the look of it, such an evil snarl up front. Yea the airbags work.

I might get another one one day but its GOTTA be a manual, no more automatics bullshit

hey, that looks freaky!!! almost like the car that i stole a l36 out of ... yikes!

glad your alright though scares me to look at it :-\

!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus!!!!!!!!

Go get a lottery ticket.

With his luck, it will give him a papercut and the ink will be toxic...

Good to hear you're alright, man.

damn that sucks. but a car is a car is a car. with enough $$$ you can get another one. you can't do the same with your life. It's a life's lesson, glad you're ok!

Get another gp!!!

DAMN!!! :eek: :eek:

I can only think of 1 w-body I've ever seen that was worst than that bad, and that one hit 3 trees @ 105mph. (and amazingly all 3 occupants lived, although one was in critical condition for a while)

I'm glad you are okay and I'm very interested to hear the story when you are comfortable enough to give it.

As was said, cars can be replaced, you can't!

Seems like every time a red newer B4U GP gets totalled it's on the drivers side and worse every time. Next guy isn't going to make it I'm thinking.

Seems like every time a red newer B4U GP gets totalled it's on the drivers side and worse every time. Next guy isn't going to make it I'm thinking.

Anyone want to buy my car??? :eek:

Wow, that's really bad! I'm glad to hear you escaped with just minor injuries.

Just out of curiosity, how fast do you think you were going during impact?

Do you think the airbags were instrumental in preventing more severe head/neck injuries?

I'm a bit disappointed to see so much buckling in the roof, but I've seen much worse.

lol thats comforting to think of....

my god man! im glad you and your passenger are ok! thats one helluva wreck