Condensation inside trunklid

89oldscutlass

Im having problems with condesation on my trunk lid.The only reason im worried about is the fact that my speaker box and amp is back there.I thought it might be because of the grills mounted on my back deck where my 6x9s are mounted. Does anyone else have this problem.

You've really sealed the trunk good then? What's the weather like at your place? You're most likely getting condensation due to a hot amp and cooler air on the outside; creating a green-house effect inside your trunk. Open up the trunk somwhow to the cabin and let air circulate.

- RedFox340

if his amp is getting that hot then he has some issues.

he needs to keep that amp cooler if it is causing the greenhouse effect in the HUGE trunk of his cutty.

Check your spare tire hole to make sure you don't have water puddling inside there. If you do then the water is getting warm from the heat blowing underneath from the front of the car and the exhaust causing it to evaporate at an accelerated rate. Been there! Done that! :) :) :)

hmmm

never would have thought of that one.

so with me playing with things in my trunk. should i seal up that hole in the bottom of the spare tire well? or leave the hole there?

Monty

so with me playing with things in my trunk. should i seal up that hole in the bottom of the spare tire well? or leave the hole there?

Try it. If it works, you've solved a minor problem... if not, you might need to keep working / tooling the seal on the trunk and into the cabin. You've got to keep it ventilated.

- RedFox340