I'm back from the dead! Update on my TGP *PIX*

90TGP

Some of you know that I got my new Firebird last summer. I was trying to sell my TGP, but my dad took it instead. Not sure if any of you remember or not, but I bought a spoiler and hood scoop for the TGP before I got my Firebird. Now my dad has taken the TGP to a bodyshop to have the spoiler and hoodscoop put on. I don't have any pictures at the moment since it's at the bodyshop, but I will once everything's done.

Now I know how your opinions are about spoilers and exterior mods. But don't worry, nothing being put on the car is rice. Some of you might like the way it'll come out, some of you may not. Doesn't matter, constructive criticisim is always welcome.

I will say that I pretty much have stopped modding the TGP since I got the bird, but me and my dad still keep it in top running condition, as always.

What I wanted to say, is that my vision of the TGP is finally coming to reality, from 2 years ago.

Pictures will be posted when available. :)

Howdy! Did you ever get into the 14's at the track? I remember one of your lasts posts from a while back talking about how those aftermarket wheels netted you a higher trap speed. Also, if you've ran the 'Bird yet, how's it do in the 1320'?

Unfortunetly, I wasn't able to make it too the track at all last summer. The weather was horrible, even for NE Ohio. It was either too damn hot or it rained. So i wasn't able to take either car down the track :cry: I'm at school, so I don't have my time slips on me, but if I remember correctly, my highest trap speed was 93mph. That's deffinitly 14sec territory. I might take it back sometime this summer to see if I can break it into the 14s. :willynilly:[br]Posted on: May 04, 2006, 07:03:30 AM_________________________________________________The spoiler is a rare factory option, and is also a very rare aftermarket version that is no longer being made. Also very hard to find.

new5.jpg

new4.jpg

new.jpg

The hood scoop is from an 82-83 Mustang. It's fully functional.

new1.jpg

new3.jpg

new2.jpg

What do you guys think?

The car is phenominally clean and beautiful.. except for that hood scoop. I'm sorry, but aside from that purple TGP, that's about the ugliest thing done to a TGP i've seen. But god I love the rims, the spoiler, EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING BUT THAT SCOOP.

It doesn't look to bad, as long as you like it, who cares right :mrgreen:

That rear spoiler is definitely nice :) I think the gold pinstripe needs to make its way off more than anything :lol:

The wheels are pretty tasty too :) mmmm, gunmetal/polished lip FTW!!! :biggrin:

The spoiler is a rare factory option, and is also a very rare aftermarket version that is no longer being made. Also very hard to find.

Do you happen to know what brand the aftermarket version is? I'd like to track one of those down in the near future to put on my '93.

The TGP looks great, I don't care much for the hood scoop though.

The spoiler is a rare factory option, and is also a very rare aftermarket version that is no longer being made. Also very hard to find.

Do you happen to know what brand the aftermarket version is? I'd like to track one of those down in the near future to put on my '93.

I'm kinda wondering myself. It looks vaguely similar to the pics no1kicker had sent me long ago of the spoiler he won on ebay and wanted to put on the TSTE. He had sold it before it made it on the car but I still would've loved to pic one up. I really like the one on your car now.

I'm kinda wondering myself. It looks vaguely similar to the pics no1kicker had sent me long ago of the spoiler he won on ebay and wanted to put on the TSTE. He had sold it before it made it on the car but I still would've loved to pic one up. I really like the one on your car now.

I looked at Greg's old post since I remembered him posting about that flush mount spoiler.

http://www.tgpforums.com/index.php?topic=1515.0

& I used the internet archive site to pull up that Olds Achieva spoiler

http://web.archive.org/web/20030303164639/http://www.keystonerestyling.com/ach-1.htm

I may start looking for achievas in the junkyards here to try and find one to at least try to confirm they are the same...if they are, I'm gonna get one.

that spoiler looks awesome, i think the hood scoop looks dumb, but maybe if you'd have taken the louvers off, then it might look better....but i dunno

nice TGP Anywasy!

I'm gonna go against the grain and say I'm for the scoop, its not like it's a stick on, and I think it looks agressive from the front.