L67wanaB

The wife got home yesterday morning and said the Lumina was doing something "funky" and could not quite explain it.

Keep in mind she tells me the car is doing something funky about once a month.

So this morning on my way home from work, I stop at the campus and switch cars with her. Sure enough, funky.

At normal city driving (40 mph and under) conditions it's fine. When I get on the highway it starts to shudder. It only does it while maintaining a speed over 40mph and decelorating to 40mph. It doesn't occur while accelorating (that I can feel) and it lessens considerably if I pull the wheel to the left slightly.

Is this my alignment? Or do I have another damned warped rotor somewhere?

I also notice that I feel the shudder heavily on the gas pedal if that makes a difference.

I love funky problems.

Does it feel like the engine is shuddering, or does it feel more like it is coming from the road? If it is the later, check to see if you have a missing wheel weight.

Does it have any oil in it?

When I first got my car, it had the oring leak and I didn't know it so it ran 3 qts low before i noticed. Shuddered anytime the engine had little or no throttle at low rpms.

Does it have any oil in it?

When I first got my car, it had the oring leak and I didn't know it so it ran 3 qts low before i noticed. Shuddered anytime the engine had little or no throttle at low rpms.

I just finished the engine/trans swap very early friday morning and drove it around for about 2 hours before I collapsed. Checked everything before the wife took it, and I checked everything when I picked it up. Fluids are good.

I checked the balancing weights yesterday and they're all there.

its torque converter shudder. TransGo has a fix for that

Sonofa....

Ya, I've got a sinking feeling it's either my T/C or maybe still a warped rotor.

Considering I sorta wanted to wait and use a getrag instead of the 4t60e that I pulled from the donor car, it would make sense that the T/C was probably pooched... Or I screwed something up.

I don't hear any engine noise, but I can feel this shudder more in the gas pedal than in the steering wheel.

I was sort of hoping that since it abated and or lessened when I pulled the wheel left, it would be in the suspension.

Any other suggestions?