Haynes/Chiltons

PCGUY112887

Since I lost my auction on some GM service tech manuals, I was wondering how well Chiltons/Haynes manuals cover tearing off the upper and lower intake and replacing the gaskets?

Or should I just keep shooting for a GM tech book?

Thanks.

:werd:

I've found the Haynes manual for my RX-7 has pictures that are scanned right out of the FSM for my RX-7 lol.....pretty stupid. Most of the instructions are word for word, but some areas the Haynes skimps out on (which is why my FSM is so much thicker IMO...

Like everyone has said, get the GM manual. Those ones, although detailed about some information, miss alot and sometimes leave you confused as to what they mean. I have people asking me about them at work, I dont think there all that great.

chiltons covers alot but not that much but the mixture of them both (haynes/chilton) might be as much info as you need then atop of that ... the internet used the search option to find anything useful?

i did my rear co's without reading jack shit (i know its supsension but hot damn!)

The only problem I had with a Haynes/Chiltons Manual is the ECM Codes. They only give you codes for a 2.8 or 3.1. Other than that they'll get you buy I think. They give you torque specs and everything so It should work for you. I like the Haynes better than the Chilton though.