I need your help

sonyman87

:willynilly:

The situation. The lumina cant stay where its at for very much longer. city is ready to write tickets if my car is in the backyard b/c its not licenced anymore, and my parents want their garage back.

the project:

----I still need------------------

wire harness for converting to obd2.0 using l67swap.coms ecm adaptor $300

Using DHP computer to run boost $3xx

gt350r turbo or simiilar $500

boost controller $400

4t65e transmission i would like new so $1500-1800 will settle for junkyard $400 if budget hurts

Large spec injectors $400

large spec Fuel pump $150

-------------------------------------------

total ~ $4000

---I have---------

the car in great condtion including suspension and interior

New 3.4L dohc from GM.

new accessories

a shop to make headers and installation of the whole project by a professional. covered!

I also have a shop to give the car a fresh custom pain job this summer.

-----------------------

I need to come up with about $4000 by next month!

anyone have any ideas? mabe use ebay for donatoins?

well if this falls though. im going to have to just put the crate motor in with out any modifications. that means NO turbo lumina! ahhh!

That's bullshit....who's to say what you can and can't have in your backyard??? My RX-7 used to spend 6 or more months in the backyard during winter without a license and nobody said a thing :? ???

That's bullshit....who's to say what you can and can't have in your backyard??? My RX-7 used to spend 6 or more months in the backyard during winter without a license and nobody said a thing :? ???

I think my neighbors are bing dicks agian! when they first moved in they about had my car TOED! b/c it was infront of their drive way b/c the put a huge as dumpster for reroofing infront of my parking place. i litteraly woke up in the morning run out side and stop the man from hooking up the chains to the front end. they could have came over and asked me to move it.. but NOOO they are assholes

Welcome to America. It's not allowed in certain areas. I couldn't store a car in my parents' backyard even if I had the express written permission of the MLB to retransmit and rebroadcast any accounts and descriptions thereof.

Welcome to America. It's not allowed in certain areas. I couldn't store a car in my parents' backyard even if I had the express written permission of the MLB to retransmit and rebroadcast any accounts and descriptions thereof.

Ahahaha!

I know how it is, city here won't allow it either. What if you got some plates for it and stuck it on?

That sucks. Hey, you can always add those mods to some extent later. Yea, it'd be easier now, but atleast you'll have your car back.

That sucks. Hey, you can always add those mods to some extent later. Yea, it'd be easier now, but atleast you'll have your car back.

you mean pay the money to get the current trans rebuilt. and put in with the rest of the work.. then later on buy a new trans to go with everything..

i fell thats a waist of 1000 bux but.. what choices do i have.. i cant get plats for it without insurance and im sure in needs inspecting aginan since its been 6 months since the last inspection.

Wow...maybe my neighbors are just nice lol....I know I *think* there is a law here about certain vehicles sitting on the street in front of one's house for an extended period of time (ex. our 28foot travel trailer, however no one has complained since it sits there almost all summer...) and there is a law about how long a car can sit unmoved on the street as well, but both of those things are public roads.

I feel sorry for you Sonyman!! Good luck

the laws here are you can't leave a car sitting on an un improved surface un improved being grass or dirt. Gravel on the other had is an improved surface?

I duno, laws there must be different because the cops here dont really care about that, and if any neighbors complained to the cops someone on the street would be kicking someones ass.

But if you do get plates for it, even without insurance, you should be fine.

I duno, laws there must be different because the cops here dont really care about that, and if any neighbors complained to the cops someone on the street would be kicking someones ass.

But if you do get plates for it, even without insurance, you should be fine.

I know in RI, you can't register a car without first having it insured. Not sure what it's like elsewhere.

must have insurance for tags in KS too..

I have two vehicles sitting and rotting at my house... one with no title, one that iw ant to blow up or sell... its tagged, wont be for much longer, but i haven't had any heat from them, except from my mom... but then again we live in the country 1/4 mile off the road....

the laws here are you can't leave a car sitting on an un improved surface un improved being grass or dirt. Gravel on the other had is an improved surface?

i think it all started when i drove it up from the back yard to the front yard to check fluid levels. and engin compents. i parked it in the garage for a few days then drove it back into the back yard. where there is a half finished driveway and gravel mix. .. the backyard is like a side yard. since we live on the first house on the corner of a subdivision. so front of house faces highway and the side/front faced the subdivision. basicly we have no backyard where people cant see.

this weekend im going to find a place to rebuild my transmission if not get my shop guy to do it fairly and install this crate motor.. atleast this way it will be done and i can drive my baby again!!! hopefully by july i can be able to race it again and get the motor broke in. if i can pull 15.0 on a motor with 180k miles just think what i could do with one with zero miles and "real headers" god i cant wait.