Does anyone with Duals ever get this?

firefighter_0029

You mean the Y-pipe? If you can't find it; just cut it off a junkyard car.

Word, i'd find one that runs under the suspension (newer car) and drop the whole system from the cat flange back

i'd just find a Z34 or other dual exhaust car like that, and rip the mufflers off and put new ones on. As you already know that stock is stainless.

I actually alomst bought that kit on ebay, but i just got a y pipe from magnaflow

The problem I have with that is that a 3800 has bigger exhaust than a 2.8 or 3.1 cars that dual exhaust originally came with?? Where did you gat a Magnaflow Pipe?

The problem I have with that is that a 3800 has bigger exhaust than a 2.8 or 3.1 cars that dual exhaust originally came with?? Where did you gat a Magnaflow Pipe?

a 3.4 car should also have larger than 2" exhaust

All I found In Salvage Yards are GP's with the Junk Pipe that comes out of the Pass Side and Into the Driver's side.

Unless that exhaust is flipped upside down, the y-pipe looks to be on a different side than my Z34.

it appears to be upside-down to me

Unless that exhaust is flipped upside down, the y-pipe looks to be on a different side than my Z34.

it appears to be upside-down to me

Yeah, someone mentioned that in another thread, it's upside down.

A little late, but the reason the pipe coming off the muffler isnt available is because the damn thing is atteached to the driuvers side muffelr on dual exhaust apps.. I looked it up at a parts shop, and that was what they found.. Kinda lame..

All I found In Salvage Yards are GP's with the Junk Pipe that comes out of the Pass Side and Into the Driver's side.

That still seems strange, since my Dad's '94 CS convertible and Every 3.4 Lumina i have ever seen had just a regular y-pipe

4485d27f.jpg

not a perfect shot but you can see most of it... i think that y-pipe in particular was only like 50-60 bucks and it is magnaflow as well

Where did you get that!! Me Likes!! :worshippy:

If you do that, please make it look stock, and not a hacked up aftermarket job.

I've done some research and from what I'm getting you can put 2nd gen exhaust on a 1st gen?? The guy that sells the kit shown above on ebay emailed me back and said that he hasn't had anyone yet that has had problems with the kit he sells. And the pipe he sells is for a 00-03 Monte or 97-03 GTP. Napa has the whole exhaust made from Mandrel Bent 2" exhaust for $154 with the resonator Part #EXH47749. I think I'm going to try it to see if I have any problems around the bracket in the middle of the Leaf Spring. Since this goes under the Axle instead of over. I understand that I have 2 1/4" exhaust now but it's Hard Bend Bent and not mandrel so it should flow better anyways.

If anyone finds something at a better price let me know.