Need some input, might buy a W Body.

94base3100

Well I found a 1990 Grand Prix STE Turbo. They want $1200 for it, but the tranny is going out. I might still try to get it, I didn't know how rare the 3.1 Turbo STE's are until I did some research. I just want to know if you guys think it's worth buying even though the tranny is shot. It still drives right now but it wont shift into 2nd until about 4500 rpms, then after it goes to 2nd sometimes it will shift down to 1st, then back into 2nd. The ABS light and Brake lights are on, power seats don't work, and I think it needs some shocks. What do you think?? And does the Turbo engine have the same tranny as the N/A 3.1??

And does the Turbo engine have the same tranny as the N/A 3.1??

No, the turbo has an HD version.

Honestly, sounds like the car's worth maybe 600 bucks at most. damn shame. but, value's in the eye of the beholder. ABS fixing could range from like $60 to $600ish depending on exactly what's wrong. I forget the exact going rate on the parts but I know they're not cheap. And it's really hard to find a shop that will rebuild a 4T60-HD correctly.

start feeding them fix-it costs, maybe they'll realize how hard it's going to be to unload and lower the asking price.

Well, thanks for the info, I think I'm just going to pass on it. This dealership never comes down on thier prices and it might just turn out to be a big headache for me. Thanks again, Gutless.

Well, thanks for the info, I think I'm just going to pass on it. This dealership never comes down on thier prices and it might just turn out to be a big headache for me. Thanks again, Gutless.

I wouldn't pay the $1200 if it had a bad tranny, but if that was the only thing wrong with it I wouldn't rule out picking it up and doing a tranny swap to a 282.....where is this car located? and do you have any pics or links to the car online?

Thanks