Things I love and Hate about my two 89 cutlasses

89oldscutlass

1st on both 89s when it rains hard they leak around the windshield not bad just a trickle spot down my window.My sl with the 3.1 uses a lot more gas then my 2.8 both have had that little oring replaced where gm i guess thought about putting a distributer.We all know how they like to leak oil from there.I have had to replace both driverside door handles on both cars my blue one twice.The rear end sqeaks on both of them got that cured on my blue one nothing a little wd-40 wont cure.I love the body style and the multple options you could get i like the dependability of the little engines i do think the tranny sux in both of them im fixing to have to replace the tranny in the burgendy one.The kicker is both my cutlass supremes are the same year but they both drive totaly different and ones given me nothing but hardship since of had it were as my blue one never misses abeat.The blue cutlass loves cold weather were the burgendy one loves and runs better in the hot weather.I guess what im trying to tell anyone buying a cutlass if you buy one that turns out to be junk dont judge them all because theres lemons in all car makes.Before anyone ask ive had my cutlass 5 yrs and i am a die hard cutty fan.

Leaking windshield is due to poor quality install (not factory). My truck's windshield leaked from the top above the rearview mirror, and rather than get it reinstalled, I just squished some black RTV up in there and that's fixed it.

Anyway, that's completely true. All 4 of our W-bodies don't drive the same as each other. Even the '88 and '89 which are almost identical have very different feel on the road. The engines even make different sounds. The 94 convertible by far has the softest, squishiest suspension and the easiest steering wheel to turn.

who wants to tell my why my car has as shitty a turning radius as my friends T/A? there are grand cherokees and F150s that can run circles around my car. it gets really frustrating at times. theres nothing i can do about it either is there? Even my 89 covered way less ground to make a turn

It's because B4U comes with a quicker ratio steering rack. The quicker ratio rack has a worse turning radius for some reason.

That's the only reason why I never bothered to install the quicker ratio rack.

do GTPs come with a better suspension package? cuz my handeling sucks ass too. even my moms 2000 sable (55k mi)feels so much better and that thing is a beast

I didn't think the handling would be different, but maybe it is???

The Sable a beast? I think they're the same size as a W-body.

They used to be anyway!

do GTPs come with a better suspension package? cuz my handeling sucks ass too. even my moms 2000 sable (55k mi)feels so much better and that thing is a beast

Im pretty sure, they get bigger sway bars and stiffer springs

Robby

who wants to tell my why my car has as shitty a turning radius as my friends T/A? there are grand cherokees and F150s that can run circles around my car. it gets really frustrating at times. theres nothing i can do about it either is there? Even my 89 covered way less ground to make a turn

Quick ratio steering has alot to do with turning radius on many sports cars. Most if not all sports edition cars came with a quick ratio steering rack. The reason for the quick ratio steering is for the ability to use wider and lower profile tires for handling purposes. It just varies between models. My car shares the same thing yours does and so did my 92 GP. These W-bodies were not designed with parking lots in mind. :) :) :)