What to do next (or what would you do next i guess)

Psych0matt

which option should I do in the near future  

1. 1. which option should I do in the near future

• Exhaust ~$250
    • Suspension (and front drop) ~$450
    • Tires ($ depends on deals I find)

All this keeping in mind at the moment I have about 400$ from taxes, but I do have to use some for bills and junk

here are my options:

Do my exhaust:

80$ for a pair of magnaflows, 50$ish for a high flow cat, and then installation and tips, so around 200-250$

Oh, and too add, my cat has rattled between 2500-3500 ever since I bought the car

Suspension:

KYB GR2s all around, new mounts, put my intrax springs on (i forget the cost, i figured it out once, i think closer to 400-450$

And does anyone know if i need the standard mounts or the heavy duty mounts?(looking at tirerack.com)

Tires:

Get some tires for my rims (that I'm not even sure they can be mounted yet) Tires were the last of the three on the priority, but if i find an amazing deal again I'll jump on it right away this time

Also, I have one window untinted (dont know why, been like that since I bought it three years ago, its the passenger front)

so Im debating just having that one done too match, along with whatever I do (like 30$)

Definitely get the GR2's. It'll make the car look like it's an off-roader at first, but once you drive 'er around for a couple of weeks, she'll settle back down a bit.

IIRC, I bought the standard strut mounts (along with the GR2's from TireRack.) If I still had the packing list I could confirm that for ya, but alas I don't so sorry :frown: ...

Definitely get the GR2's. It'll make the car look like it's an off-roader at first, but once you drive 'er around for a couple of weeks, she'll settle back down a bit.

IIRC, I bought the standard strut mounts (along with the GR2's from TireRack.) If I still had the packing list I could confirm that for ya, but alas I don't so sorry :frown: ...

Yeah, definitely gr-2s. whats the difference in the mounts (heavy duty to standard)? and will it look extremely horrible lowering the front and not the rear? I was thinking of getting slightly larger tires for the rear, both because I think it looks good, and to fill in the gap (not to mention that i like the back end to be ever so slightly higher).

I would imagine it would look like a Pro-Street car if you lowered the front and left the rear stock (especially right after you install the GR2's.) :wink: The Intrax springs are supposed to drop the front another 1.8 inches, so picture the stance looking even more jacked-up after you drop the front. If you had the extra scratch, I'd say spring for a set of FFP coil-overs or try and find someone willing to give up their birchmount rear monoleaf so you can drop the rear as well.

I think my logic with going with the "standard" mounts was because my car had the "grandpa" suspension, and the mounts I bought were identical to the ones I removed. All in all, they were a good solid product. After perusing some pics of other members' strut mounts, I didn't see a difference between the "standard" GR2 mounts and the "heavy-duty," so take that for what it's worth...

Matt, I believe the standard mounts might be aimed towards cars originally equipped with FE1 suspension and the heavy duty ones are for FE3 equipped cars. I have no way to really backup that claim though(shoot KYB or a KYB retailer an email and see if they can tell you the difference between the two). I've got the standard mounts from KYB in my '93 GP along with KYB GR-2's, I'm happy with them. They've been in the car for a little over 3yrs and 20,000 miles now.

Haven't done anything yet. Between finals, moving, and paying bills I mostly havent had time, not so much the money. I almost bought tires earlier this weekend, but decided to wait, cuz I know I've seen better deals. I think it's a toss up between wheels and suspension, but I'll probably just go with tires, as I've had the wheels sitting around for so long. Maybe I'll check out some deals tonight, because if I do go this route, I want them by next weekend :-)

I want to change my vote to : Tires.....get those rims on that car quick :thumb:

I think that's what I'm going to do. I hate having these sexy rims just sit around (besides them being in the way) as soon as I get about 400$ Im springing for some decent used ebay tires :willynilly: hard to find ones worth it though, but they do pop up