Should it stay or should it go now?

Cam'ron

Hood deflector... yay or nay?  

1. 1. Hood deflector... yay or nay?

Ok i have been trying to decide for a while now if i wanted to take my bug deflector off in favor of that clear bra 3M stuff... it wouldnt cost me much to have that installed so i am looking for some input what do you guys think?

with...

8557e145.jpg

without...

4676d44a.jpg

i was thinkin along those lines, but here in edmonton lowering is out of the question... i am scraping the shit out of my bumper as it is good thing it is black on the bottom, it doesnt stand out as much. find me something you would reccomend so i have an idea of what air-dam you would be talkin about

its no lower it just flares out a bit and has a ton more definition... if your talkin about the highsport appearance package. but you cant just get the trim you have to replace the entire bumper cover AFAIK

thing is i should be careful about putting all this SS stuff on my car, dont want to aggrivate any haters out there :lol:

i already have the dual exhaust, spoiler is in the works, not sure if i want the highsport GFX though.

if i was able to find a set in Silverstone i might think about it but the black GFX would look a little off IMO, almost looks big on a white car, but then again that might trick the eyes into thinkin the car is lowered, especially with 17" rims... hmmmm

Leave it off, they look soo much better that way.

thing is i should be careful about putting all this SS stuff on my car, dont want to aggrivate any haters out there :lol:

i already have the dual exhaust, spoiler is in the works, not sure if i want the highsport GFX though.

if i was able to find a set in Silverstone i might think about it but the black GFX would look a little off IMO, almost looks big on a white car, but then again that might trick the eyes into thinkin the car is lowered, especially with 17" rims... hmmmm

DW about what others think. Its your car do what you like/what looks good to you. Even though Im telling you to take off the bug deflector :lol:

ok hood guard is gone, i took it off!!! :lol:

94fa09c8.jpg

didnt take too long to decide :smilielol:

cleaned up and re polished the hood looks ok found a rock chip under the edge of the guard though i have no clue how in the hell it got there, cause that wasnt there when i put the guard on :dunno:

gonna take care of this before too long

IMG_1014.jpg

Much better!

When he took the bug deflector off my dads truck, where it mounts under the hood, there were two rust spots and on the fron of the hood, the paint is missing from that.

I like 'er off but I think that you should keep the GFX off...

That money would be better spent doing some classy engine dress up or putting it on some mad dubs... :idea:

Looks good, have you ever thought of putting some driving lamps in the factory pockets?

Much better!

When he took the bug deflector off my dads truck, where it mounts under the hood, there were two rust spots and on the fron of the hood, the paint is missing from that.

The deflector on my dad's Suburban fucked the paint up royally on the fenders and hood......and the best part is it doesn't even dflect bugs, just shoots them at a higher velosity at the windshield so the splatter covers a larger area :rolleyes: lol...