W body mileage records

IRONDOG442

that lumina is in really nice shape actually for original 279k miles...i spy no rust...

Yep. Some cars don't rust at all around here, and others do. I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

mine is 194,9xx. by the time i get a pic, it'll probably be over 195k :razz: its got bad clear coat peeling and 2 bare metal spots that haven't rusted. then theres signs of begining rust at the same place on the rear fender well :evil:

Here is my Black 1999 Intrigue GLS This car has 153,600 miles on it. Look at how well it's held up, W-bodies RULE!!!

dsc009606fd.th.jpg

dsc009594vv.th.jpg

dsc009616sd.th.jpg

dsc009629mf.th.jpg

dsc009583eo.th.jpg

dsc009575om.th.jpg

dsc009648zm.th.jpg

You guys oughtta see this baby when she's been detailed!!

Long live Oldsmobile !!

My Lumina has 151,000kilometers...so 95~XXXmiles or so??? ....when it gets to 160,000km that's 100k miles. I doubt I'll make 160,000kilometers though...

I came across an unusually clean 92 Regal 3.8 in the local pull and save yesterday....312,000m on the clock and no rust. A minor fender bender sent that one to it's final position on the chain of life for a car.

its cool seeing al the ones in the j/y who have had long lives....average mileage of the ones ive seen(all W's) are probably around 180k miles

and most of the ones in the yards were in wrecks

My co-worker has a 90 base Lumina with 250K or more on the original engine, and trans.

My W has a mere 104K on it.

The highest mile car I have a pic of is a 90 Bonneville (series 1 3.8) with 326K on it. I parted that car out.

I know this probably isn't gonna top some of the super high mileage ones...525k!! :eek: bt last I checked my 1990 Grand Prix SE had 230,000 on it and it runs great! :twisted:

I have something to add to the post above: My 90 SE had all original parts (not tires and brakes obviously) but the whole body, chassis, and engine/tranny are original. This might shock some of you guys, but it has NO RUST AND THE PAINT/CLEARCOAT IS NOT PEELING! And it has been a North Dakota/ Wisconsin/ and for the last five years a Minnesota car driven year-round. I find that it is in impressive shape for the age and mileage of the car! :twisted:

Hey my uncle has a 92 Buick regal with a 3.1, and his odometer quit at right around 220k, well he said he drives around 40k miles a year(he drives over an hour each way to work every day), and his odometer quit 7 or 8 years ago. That puts it around 500k-540k miles. It has original motor/trans, the only thing major he has done to it is around 300k he had all the injectors replaced and intake/throttle body cleaned. He doesn't baby it either, after getting the injectors replaced, he told me watch this and stomped on it, and roasted the tires. He is still driving it to work every day, although last I asked him about it, he said he didn't like to kick it down to pass anymore cause the tranny is getting weak. Although with the odo broke there's no way to prove it, I figure a very low estimate would put it well over 400-450k mile range. This is definately the highest milage W i've heard of i think the highest milage car I've heard of.