Whats with the price of Cutlass Convertibles?

99vetteman

They are going up. I have been watching them the past month or so, several newly listed ones on http://www.trader.ca (Canadian version of Autotrader) are selling for insane prices. There are some listed there, 93, 94's for 7000 or 8000 dollars canadian and they have high mileage, like 165,000 kms (120,000 miles) or so. Even a 95 for over 10,000 Canadian. I know the spring time has some effect on the price....

I paid 3500 Canadian for mine over the winter, I am seriously thinking on selling it considering I can make almost double for it!!!!!!!!! And mine is in mint shape compared to alot of them..

LOL

Jason

hell if you could sell yours and make that kind of $, I would say do it....but just because they are listed at those prices, doesn't mean that they are selling at those prices....that being said you should be able to get more then $3500CAD for yours, as it is very nice

hell if you could sell yours and make that kind of $, I would say do it....but just because they are listed at those prices, doesn't mean that they are selling at those prices....that being said you should be able to get more then $3500CAD for yours, as it is very nice

Very true, I am sure there is room for negotiation in all those prices, but still, even if you take off 1000 or 1500 bucks, they are still selling for alot of money.

I read somewhere that some reviewer or group said the cutlass convertible will become a collectors car someday? Did anyone else hear this?

Jason

its been referred to off and on. I bought mine for 3500 three years ago, 90k miles on it in good shape (not perfect, but nothing i couldnt fix if i had the time to do it all)

Our totally mint, fully optioned Red/Graphite with black top 1994 LQ1 vert was $7,000 US with 40k on the clock...and you can eat off the undercarrage, exhaust system, etc...basically it looks 100% showroom

Convertibles always go up in value in the spring, people don't usually think of buying them in the middle of December.

Werd.

I have seen alot of the them priced insaley though. There is one here at the local Chevy Dealership with over 100k I think for like 1500. The weaterstripping is cracking quiet a bit too.

I bought mine in the middle of the summer, but I got a deal. $40 DOA.

needs.... everything. period. I think the owner was getting evicted. at least the body was solid!