My cars new personality

J

Well today i changed the oil and decided to put the stock air box back on (selling the intake) so i went to advance auto and bought a K&N and went to put in my box and remembered that i wanted to put holes in it by the battery side, so i drilled like 10 small holes in the box and put my filter in and my car runs and shifts MUCH BETTER, why in the hell did my intake make my car shift and idle like ass? IT's like a whole new car, shifts better, idles better, better throttle response, and for some reason prolly not related it seems like the brake pedal is up more. Thought i'd let ya'll know for you guys with intakes, NO DOGGIN INTAKES MAYBE IT WS JUST MINE, so redz no offense. Oh also i went to put in my 180 stat and then i didn't cuz i didn't want to bleed the system, question is would i need to after just a therostat? Thanks guys Later Jay

I and others have been there, done that with the 3.1's. They simply don't respond in a positive way to the cone filters (stock 3.1's) If I were you I wouldn't have even bothered drilling those holes, I can only see that as slowing down the air going through the filter into the engine. I have a few other ideas with the airbox that I will try, I have a a spare airbox bottom. As for the T-stat yes you'll need to bleed the system, but it won't take as long. Ive done it by just removing the T-stat housing and let whatever coolant splash down, replace stat, attach housing, then open cap and fill up as much as I can (won't be much), add some fluid into the resevoir, then run the car until it gets to operating temp and open the bleeder valve and keep open until all air is out.

i know the stat is a easy thing to do but i put a coolant temp gauge on my car and it has the sensor right there so i'd have to swap that out again, dammit. ANYONE ELSE NOT HAVE GOOD RESULTS WITH A CONE FILTER? thanks guys Jay