The TGP goes in for safety inspection 8AM Wed.

GOT2B GM

The time has finally come to get the TGP certified, plated, insured and on the road. :biggrin: I've been spending the last couple months tinkering on her getting her ready.

New Jeff M x-over, turbo oil drain hose, 4 new calipers, rotors and pads, new o2 and knock sensors, fuel filter, K&N 1770 air filter, front tires. Also, I changed the coolant tank to 91-93 style (new from GM), replaced the power antenna mast and fixed a couple vacuum leaks. There's other things I fixed but I can't remember right now.

I've been lubricating the heck out of the e-brake ratchet mechanism as sometimes it doesn't want to engage. Hopefully they let the questionable mufflers, and broken rear jounce bumpers slide. I've had a couple other cars safetied there so it should be ok.

Anyways, wish me luck. :lol: With any luck I'll be driving it around legally tomorrow.

Well I took it in and he said it needed a left outer tie rod end and a right ball joint so I went to Canadian Tire and picked up the parts.

By 11:30AM I had them installed and went back to the mechanics and picked up my certification slip. Its now plated, and I'll have insurance on it tomorrow. My insurance company's computer doesn't recognize the 1G5 vin number, otherwise it would be insured today.

As for the etest, I have a valid one from June 05 when Jeff first imported the car.

Oh well, I'm just happy that its finally street legal.

damn, both my cars would never pass up there. Screw all that shit, yet on the bright side, all the cars up there must run good and you have to take care of them.

nick