New side mirror for a Lumina: Will this work?

Grand Moff Joseph

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-RIGHT-90-91-92-93-94-LUMINA-CAR-DOOR-MANUAL-MIRROR_W0QQitemZ8058309165QQcategoryZ33649QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This looks to be exactly what I need, but do these "exact OEM replacement" parts really deliver, or is this a BS job that will "almost" look right.

Comments are welcome!

It will work, but from my experience with OEM fit parts, they always seem off.. But if you arent looking for it (Unless a crap paint job is applied) you shouldn't notice it too much..

On a side note, if you want some OE manual mirrors, I have that set of Lumina ones I just found a coupole days ago.. In the event you dont go this route.. Good luck whatever you choose! :willynilly:

Not presently.. But they are OEM mirrors from a 93 Lumina.. I repaiunted them once, and then my dad repainted again black.. In real nice shape.. One scuff in the finish IIRC.. Ill get pics asap if you want..

Scuff, platic prep, prime, dry, prime, dry, prime, dry, prime, dry, paint, dry x 2 or 3 (I THINK.. Been a LONG time now :lol: ), then 2 coats of clear.. WOuld have done more, but I ran out of clear.. THats all I regret about it.. Look good otherwise.. Then there was ONE spot of overspray from when my dad redid them, but it isnt noticable..

Ill get pics next time I can get to where they're stored right now.. Prolly wont be till Friday..

Aftermarket parts suck...bottom line.

:werd:

My friend's '85 Camaro IROC-Z has new jobber front fenders and they don't line up or look right at all compared to the factory ones (which were both damaged)