skiiirt

So I am in the process of working out a deal for a UB3 to swap into my car. I understand it should be a direct swap (with the pigtails from stockgp). However we ran into a question that has stumped me and the seller.

The UB3 came from a cutlass with the 2.8L. I have the 3.4L, I know the redlines are different, will the guage adjust according to what my computer says the redline is?

Yes. It doesn't matter what car it came from, the redline will be 6500.

So the redline does adjust based off of the mem-cal? Because, if you look at the cluster now, I can see the redline starts at 5500.

So will it just not lightup?

The redlines are determined from the ALDL orange wire you have.. THe cluster should adjust itself.. to what the redline is.. When you look at the cluster outside of its casing, you can see the line that would be the Yellow/red strip, starting at 60 (or 65? Dont recall for sure..)

The redlines are determined from the ALDL orange wire you have.. THe cluster should adjust itself.. to what the redline is.. When you look at the cluster outside of its casing, you can see the line that would be the Yellow/red strip, starting at 60 (or 65? Dont recall for sure..)

It starts at 5500

Yeah, it has a bar at 5500 RPM, but I have never seen a car that uses the 5500 redline. My 3100 uses the 6000 RPM redline, even though it shifts at 5500. Same with the 3.1 cars. Dunno why, but that's how it is.

whopa.jpg

The only time the 5500 bar lights up is when you start the car, and the cluster does it's little routine.

I can also vouch for this. My redline ALSO starts at 5500. Noticed that the day I installed the UB3. Psychomatt we both have a 94 3.4 DOHC. Obviously they are the same!

Jason

ALso, in general, what should your voltage be reading on the UB3. Mine always seems to be a little under the half way point. Is this normal? I notice on ToroToro's its slighly above half.

ALso, in general, what should your voltage be reading on the UB3. Mine always seems to be a little under the half way point. Is this normal? I notice on ToroToro's its slighly above half.

Mine is usually at or just under half, it reads about 13.5 (give or take) on my DIS

94-95 3.4 DOHC spits out an incorrect redline on the ALDL which is why it shows 5500.

It's very easy to correct if you have the chip-programming tools to do so.

94-95 3.4 DOHC spits out an incorrect redline on the ALDL which is why it shows 5500.

What I was saying is when it's off that's where it starts at.

I was replying to Matt & vetteman. :wink:

I was replying to Matt & vetteman. :wink:

never at all bothered me (or have I even noticed before)

My voltage usually reads 3/4 (just under) On shitty days it drops to a tick below half. And on the rainy 11 degree weather days it doesnt stay put, drops to almost 1/4 and back up to 3/4 with acceleration