5-speed GP SE in Flint Dort HWY JY

94CutlassSLCoupe

Hey, just a heads up for those of you looking for 5-speed swap parts, there is a 5-speed Grand Prix SE (89 or so) with the whole setup intact along with a DIS and the console at RPM auto salvage on Dort Hwy...I believe its like 62xx N. Dort HWY...The car also has AQ9's but the lid with the controls is missing and has rear bucket seats. The car is white with tan interior and is in the left rear corner of the yard. Everything for the 5-speed appeared to be intact.

How much is it worth to ya? I actually know someone selling a GP 3.1/ 5 speed, The body is kinda beat, but tranny is good. If you would like, I can check on either one for ya.

I just need some parts.. Not a ehole car.. I need the following:

Intermediate shaft bracket

Clutch slave cylinder

Memcal from the ECM if the one is a 3.1/5 speed..

also am lookin for a set of 88-93 GP exhaust tips.. All I can seem to find are the 94+ kind and the price automatically goes up with them.. Plus the look doesnt do it for me..

DIC/S!

Oh yeah, it was just chillin' there and was in real nice condition...they actually had a cutty P/S door handle that worked there too! lol

does that yeard let you pull your own stuff? If so i'm there

Yeah, I've been there a number of times

How far north of 69 was this yard?

no more than like 10 minutes, and thats overshooting a bit probably

just take 69 to 475 North and get off at the Dort Hwy Exit North of Davidson Rd and go north for about a mile and it will be on the left. The place is GREEN

i might be there Friday of next week, gotta check the calander (or the wife) first :biggrin:

all i need is the slave and master cylinder and the hose between them. The pedlas would be nice to have also

Don't waste your time on this one. I checked it out today since I had the day off.

-The shift cable (forward backward) feels ok sorta but the select cable feels as though its full of tar.

-The AQ9s were trashed

-The floor of the car is under about 2" of water

-The clutch pedal feels like it is attached to a sponge, though all the line is not ruptured and everything is intact. I wouldn't trust the hydraulics. It certainly doesn't feel like any of the other 5 speed Ws I've come across and it sure as hell doesn't feel close to mine.

On the plus side I now have the DIC and center console out of the car, with the wiring all the way back to the C200 plug which I also nabbed. I bench tested the DIC and it is Sweeeet!! It was all like scrolling Change Oil, Calibrate Compass, Check Fuel, 0 MPG, 01-01-1988, etc.

Kurt

Yeah, I woulda grabbed the intermediate shaft bracket for ya Stevo but the fucker was sitting on frame in a puddle of water, with no wheels. I couldn't get a jack under it and it is packed sardine-style enough rows back that they might not be willing to move all the cars it would take to get the loader/forklift thing back there.

So whoever goes, be prepared with like maybe a small shovel to dig out somewhere enough to get a jack under, or a big pipe to pry the car up enough to get a jack under it. Oh yah, and I hope you like MUD! You won't wanna sit in your car after getting that bugger off.

Kurt