Alpine or Infinity **Alpine is the winner**

Dirty Rockstar

Alpine speakers or infinity speakers through out?  

1. 1. Alpine speakers or infinity speakers through out?

• Alpine type S, Compnent Type R, Type R subs
    • Infinity 4x6, 3 way 6x9, COmponent 6.5", Infinity subs
    • Mixture of them all (Please post an example)

Just wondeirng the community's take on the Audio.. The only reason the question comes up is because we started carrying Infinity at Best Buy :willynilly: So I have access to both companies! Personal experiences anyone? I'm torn on which way to go as I had the thought of Alpine through out the car, with Rockfpor 3" tweeters in the BPillar.. But I'm not sure now :willynilly:

All the alpine HU's look exactly the same ( atleast to me ) I dont really care for it. I can say Infinity subs sound great. They hit hard ( especially with 500w rms going to each one haha ) and the new style Infinity are just the only with a different cone. The speakers are absolutly great. People will argue about this though. Personally I love em. The only thing I havent heard is their comp set. But ask CBAD, he has one.

just my .02 as to why I said Infinity

I have an old set of Infinity 5.25" components, and they sound great. They are close to 3 years old as well.

The only bad thing about Best Buy and Infinity is that they only carry the Reference line. So... they will sound decent, but could always be better. But, again, as for what Best Buy carried, the Infinity highs are going to be the best.

I have an old set of Infinity 5.25" components, and they sound great. They are close to 3 years old as well.

The only bad thing about Best Buy and Infinity is that they only carry the Reference line. So... they will sound decent, but could always be better. But, again, as for what Best Buy carried, the Infinity highs are going to be the best.

ahhh...well, in that case...its a toss-up...i know the reference speakers sound nice...but the Kappa's are deffinatly the way to go IMO...

I've had all of the ones listed.....except the infinity subs. And I was not very pleased with any of them to be honest. There are much better setups to be had for the same amount of money.

I've had all of the ones listed.....except the infinity subs. And I was not very pleased with any of them to be honest. There are much better setups to be had for the same amount of money.

So your saying the 6500's I got with the nine.4 amp will be like a new world of music :lol:

But from my understanding of the orinigal post, you can get these at a discounted price since you work there? And everyone know the mark up an audio stuff today, Im figuring you can get em for pretty cheap...

I'm leery of Infinity speakers after what happened to mine. Granted, mine were just the low-end coaxes, but I've never seen any speaker fail in the way these did.

Like Alpine...you can usually get a good deal on them at Crutchfield, too.

I work at Best Buy :cool: I get a pretty good deal on them myself :mrgreen:

If they had Alpine 5.25 components I would have got them for my car, but they didn't that's why I got Infinity. I voted for Alpine cause they're cheaper and have nice bass/midrange sound and not as "tinny" as Infinity.

I'm goin ALpine.. I can get it cheaper, and it is what I initially planned on.. Plus the point of good mids and bass is a good point as well :mrgreen: