Small window detail (coupes only)

GnatGoSplat

Especially after getting the windows tinted on the black '94, that rear plastic edge on the door windows has really bothered me since they'd faded to a light putty color. This is a very small detail, but when my wife would pick me up for lunch at my work, that plastic edge would stand out and practically glow in the sunlight even from several hundred feet away. I just got sick of looking at it, and decided to do something about it one boring Sunday afternoon last winter. For some reason, this affects my TGP and the 94, but not the 88 and 89. GM must have changed materials at some point.

Before:

IMG_1097.jpg

Masked off and painted:

IMG_1434.jpg

I had debated whether to use gloss or flat, and decided to go with gloss because I thought it'd better match the tinted windows. Not sure if I went with the right choice, but I don't notice it now so it's good enough.

After:

IMG_1437.jpg

I just might be OCD, haha!

Looks really good :thumb: I just might have to do that to my cutlass sometime soon. I dont know if its just me, but it seems as if my 89 regal has a better build quality than my 92 cutlass. Maybe its just because there Buick's :dunno:

How difficult was it to remove the trim piece on the door window glass ( how did you do it? ) and what adhesive did you use to put it back on??

Thanks

I didn't remove it at all. I think it's permanently bonded to the glass. I just masked it off, cleaned it, and spray painted it.